Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Cartoon Network will become Boomerang, Teletoon will rebrand as Cartoon Network

7137 Views 58 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  Mc123
Corus announced that Teletoon will be rebranded as Cartoon Network on March 27. The existing Cartoon Network channel will become a Canadian version of its sister brand Boomerang the same day. (Source)
1 - 3 of 59 Posts
Tune in to Cartoon Network on linear and STACKTV to enjoy familiar favourites like Total DramaRama, The Amazing World of Gumball, and DC Super Hero Girls. Also enjoy great new content including megahit Animaniacs season 3, the highly anticipated Gremlins: Secrets of the Mogwai and My Adventures with Superman. Additionally, viewers can watch all new episodes of Teen Titans Go!, Craig of the Creek and We Baby Bears.

Catch all of Boomerang’s hit shows including The Tom & Jerry Show, The Powerpuff Girls, Jellystone, Total Drama Island, and more.

Viewers can stream the latest laugh-out-loud series on TELETOON+ like Teen Titans Go!, Looney Tunes Cartoons, Scooby-Doo! and Guess Who?, Batwheels, and Bugs Bunny Builders all available to subscribers via Amazon Prime Video Channels, Bell Fibe TV App and set-top-box, or Virgin Plus, for $5.99 per month, following a 30-day free trial.

For more information, please visit: cartoonnetwork.ca and boomerang-tv.ca
See less See more
I wonder why they didn't just use the Teletoon West feed to launch Boomerang instead, they way we would have all 3.
Teletoon West uses the same licence as Teletoon East, so it would be like launching a new channel from scratch, except they have a channel number assigned on the satellite feeds. I don't think many other providers carry both time-shifted feeds.

They would have to apply to the CRTC for a licence; beg Rogers and Bell to carry the new channel; negotiate pricing, packaging and channel placement, source and pay for additional programming, etc.
cartoonnetwork.ca and boomerang-tv.ca have different schedules for for March 27. I think Zap2it and most TV providers use the same data source (Gracenote), so they probably all look the same.
1 - 3 of 59 Posts