Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
A SW21 switch

Administrators Note:
I want to thank Q for all his work setting these threads. All of the work was done by him. I merely helped him post some of this information (hence why it appears to be posted by me). Please direct any thanks or questions to him - Hugh

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Installation examples:

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Almost the same as the SW21 installation is the SW42 switch. It is like two SW21's combined into one part.

Administrators Note:
I want to thank Q for all his work setting these threads. All of the work was done by him. I merely helped him post some of this information (hence why it appears to be posted by me). Please direct any thanks or questions to him - Hugh

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
An example of only one or two receivers getting programming from 82 while the others receive 91 would be the use of a SW34 switch also called a multiswitch. The one below has 2 satellite inputs, an antenna input (not required) and four outputs. A SW24 switch is the same as a SW34 switch except there is no antenna input

The satellite inputs MUST be from the same satellite. So you could hook up a SW34 using two 91 lines to give you four outputs. You then use one or two SW21 switches to combine the 82 line with the 91 line. This can give you two combined lines and 2 91 lines.

You could also use a SW44 switch which will give you four lines combined and 2 separate lines of 91.

Administrators Note:

edit by dosborne Adding an example image

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.