Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
The most basic and cheapest installation is using SW21 switches.

It will combine one line from 91 and 82 together. Using 2 dual lnbs which has 2 lines at 91 and 2 lines at 82 will give you 2 lines combined with 2 SW21 switches. This will cover 2 tuners maximum.

This is one of the most common installations with Bell.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to add because I didn't know a SW24 existed. It looks idential to the SW34 but does not have and Antenna IN port. I will see about having this notation added in on original post.

i hate tv,

I included the sw34 switch but didn't get too much into the antenna in side because I have not tested if it will get carried through other switches after it. My feeling is that it does not.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I believe this is why and is from Dish site.

Polarity

DISH Network signals travel in a circular pattern from the satellite to the dish. This is referred to as "polarity." Two different types of circular polarity are used: right-hand circular (13 volts) and left-hand circular (18 volts).

So one line carries each signal.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am not 100% sure but I think it only comes into effect when using 2 or more tuners. It is important when the receivers try to access the same transponders.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Kevin,

Actually you need to connect the lines from lnb to sw34 switch first; presumably from the 91 lnb. The 2 of the 4 four outputs from the sw34 switch go into the SW44 switch. The remaining 2 outputs from the SW34 switch can be used where only 91 programming is needed and the SW44 switch will have 4 outputs with 91/82.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Most of my 82 is in 90 range. Anything over 75 is pretty stable but higher the better when raining and other bad weather.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Harryhoo,

I have never read or heard about anyone using 2 outputs from one multi-switch to feed another multi-switch (one lnb only) which would give a total of 6 outputs if it works. I have my doubts.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
maybe I mistyped what I meant to say.

I have never read anyone using a SW24 or multi-switch being feed the 2 lines from another SW24 switch or multi-switch.

I am not saying it doesn't work either. I just have never seen it or read it done this way.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
tsgee,

What you described is correct. If you want to add 91/82 into a dual tuner then you will need both lines into 2 SW21's and 2 lines from the SW24.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Yes cheapest and easiest way is one SW21 switch like you described with a lnb in 82 slot. One line from 82 direct from lnb and one line from sw24 switch goes into the SW21 switch and the output from there into the receiver.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
oshawaloverboy,

You have to buy additional equipment. There are many ways to do what you want. Do you need both satellites on all the receivers?

Here are some of the cheapest and easiest methods.

1) Get a SW24 or 34 multiswitch which would make 2 inputs into 4 outputs. If not all receivers need both satellites then one switch is all you would need.

2) SW44 switch.

3) Legacy quad lnb.

Many more but I think these would be best options.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Tony Maselli,

You need to put the SW21 switch after the 16 port multiswitch.

For instance two lines from 91 go into the 16 port multiswitch. A line from 16 port multiswitch output and one line from 82 lnb go into the SW21 switch and then into receiver.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
loftaone,

Yes the RCA multiswitch will work however that model is supposed to be powered. Not sure if it will work without. The prior model 6520 does not have a power adaptor.

The SW21 switch has to go after the multiswitch as well.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
assuming you installed correctly I would say it is one of these with higher probability being first.

1) faulty connection at connector
2) faulty SW21
3) faulty lnb
4) faulty wire

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.