Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

321 - 340 of 345 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Could try a receiver refresh you can access it without having to talk to a rep but by calling the Shaw #. Could also just unplug the receiver power and plug it back in after a few seconds. It will run through its cycle and see if either of those restore the channels.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Olstatic what xpdrs are the missing channels on? if its all the same xpdr maybe something is wrong at Shaw or its a weak xpdr to you and a tree got in the way??

·
Registered
554 Posts
I agree with garywes as the first step. If the restart doesn't work, Shaw Direct may need to check what they list as your channels and fix what needs fixing. They may also ask to see what the receiver shows as signal strength and quality.

As bayguy said, maybe a tree or something in the path is reducing signal on a so-so aim of the dish.

As I recall, Shaw's automated phone service has an option to check to see if there is trouble with a particular channel.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi,

Quick question:
Is the power supply on a HDPVR 630 and a HDDSR 605 the same? Is the DC output on a 605 , 12 volts as well?

Also can I use an AC Adapter with an output of 12V DC 300mA to power the HDDSR 605

Thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks for the reply.... I am using a 630 power supply on the 605... The AC adapter, even though it outputs 12DC volts did not bring any life to the HD605.

Thanks again for responding Much appreciated as always!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Different OnScreen Guides between 600 and 605

My 605 gets a much fancier Guide display, with full-colour network IDs and logos, than my 600. I thought they were basically the same box without the display and fewer connections at the back. The 600 shows simply the channels and labels. Since the 605 is no more, what gives?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Under preferences there are guide settings. I believe if you choose certain guide settings the logos do not showup. It is dependant on either the number of lines shown in the guide or the font size. Comparing the guide preferences between the 600 and 605 will determine why the guide displays differently.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
updating firmware before activation?

I have a DSR605 I bought a few years ago as a backup, as the component outputs are important to me.
I haven't activated it yet since my six slots are used.
It's been in the closet so long, the installed firmware is 09.15, while current 605 firmware is 51.0 (lol)

So here's the question: can you update the firmware WITHOUT activating the box on your account?

I'd have to kill one of my boxes, and while the old DSR505 still works for pairing with my old, Series 2 TiVo, it would be the one to whack.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Don't know the answer for sure. All you could do is try, hook it up and sit on one of the barker channels or CTV2 Alberta which are free and clear, especially if you have a free feed from your multi-switch. Let it get the data stream for a couple of days and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I’m thinking, since it’s not activated, it won’t get a channel map or guide date, so there’s no way TO select CTV2. Make sense?

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
You should get a channel map and be able to tune the channel. If you have an older non X-Ku quad LNBF. You might need it activated to get a correct V-code for your dish otherwise.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I would engage in Shaw chat. Explain the problem. I told them I had my 530 activated when I added my 600 replacing a 505 just because they would no long do it after June. They watch the 6 receiver total mainly to prevent resellers.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Help! 605 has not changed time

I thought I looked at my 605 this morning and it was okay but maybe I didn't. Anyway it's wrong now. It should be 11:41 but it says 12:41. I tried changing from 12 hour to 24 hour hoping that would "shock" it but it didn't. Is anyone else seeing this? I don't know any way to change it.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hi Lonsat thank you. Unplugged for 15 mins. and no luck. :-( So I googled for info and found a Shaw pg that said to disconnect the dish too. Did that and unplugged power for half a min, when it first came back the time was wrong but then it went right, whew!

Everything is going wonky today--our rcvr, Zap2it and this website!!

321 - 340 of 345 Posts