1041 - 1060 of 1070 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Works fine here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any one having problems receiving WCAX after the move to RF 20 on Oct 24th?
I live in the Duvernay Laval area and no longer receive WCAX after the move.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No WCAX here on the island either.

I wasn't even aware there was a frequency change, but came back from vacation this week and WCAX didn't work. I presumed it was due to the big storm a few weeks ago. The rest of my channels were okay, so I figured it was transmitter related.

I just rescanned and got nothing. I'm interested in others' reports.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. I have Blonder Tongue – BTY-10-U – UHF TV Antenna – 10 Elements to sell

The BTY Series features high gain, narrow beamwidth, and low side lobes. It's a Professional Series specifically made to capture channels 35-44. Great for FOX 44 WFFF

If you'd like more info please reply or contact me at [email protected]

Joe

·
Registered
393 Posts
Keeping in mind though that WFFF will migrate to channel 16 later this year.

Reactions: BOUVAL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Live in Laval (Fabreville area). I have a cheapie outdoor antenna (Prime Cables) pointed to Mount -Royal on the roof which gets all Montreal based channels. The only channel that gives me difficulty is CTV 12.1 (of course, happens to be the one I watch the most) I get a little pixilation and sound drops but the signal strength seems OK 62 percent (although with errors) In fact there's a few other channels under 50 percent that are super clear. Anyone else, or anything I can try to fix this?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Live in Laval (Fabreville area). I have a cheapie outdoor antenna (Prime Cables) pointed to Mount -Royal on the roof which gets all Montreal based channels. The only channel that gives me difficulty is CTV 12.1 (of course, happens to be the one I watch the most) I get a little pixilation and sound drops but the signal strength seems OK 62 percent (although with errors) In fact there's a few other channels under 50 percent that are super clear. Anyone else, or anything I can try to fix this?
Most probably LTE interference from cellphone towers that affect the stronger local channels.
You can check if their is a cellphone tower near you on this site: Canadian Cellular Towers Map
You can try getting a LTE filter like the Channel Master CM-3201 5-599MHz version.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Most probably LTE interference from cellphone towers that affect the stronger local channels.
You can check if their is a cellphone tower near you on this site: Canadian Cellular Towers Map
You can try getting a LTE filter like the Channel Master CM-3201 5-599MHz version.
It highly unlikely that LTE would cause interference to VHF channel 12. It is more likley that there is local electrical interference.
How does CFTM come in on channel 11 (virtual 10.1)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Funny you ask. Yesterday and today 12.1 seems to be okay (no errors), but 10.1 seems to be pixelating. It's nothing crazy, still watchable, just annoying. My strength is about 75 percent but getting errors occasionally. In contrast, 47.1 which is my weakest channel at 45 percent is super smooth.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Funny you ask. Yesterday and today 12.1 seems to be okay (no errors), but 10.1 seems to be pixelating. It's nothing crazy, still watchable, just annoying. My strength is about 75 percent but getting errors occasionally. In contrast, 47.1 which is my weakest channel at 45 percent is super smooth.
Are you using a pre-amp or drop amp with your antenna ?
Did you check how many 4G/5G towers are around your antenna with the map I listed ?
Telus has been busy installing thousands of them around Montreal and the surrounding in the past 2 months.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are you using a pre-amp or drop amp with your antenna ?
Did you check how many 4G/5G towers are around your antenna with the map I listed ?
Telus has been busy installing thousands of them around Montreal and the surrounding in the past 2 months.
Yes, there's a tower less than 500 meters from me which has 3 different cell phone providers. I can't find any LTE filters locally, so i'll have to order one online. Any good canadian based suppliers you can recommend.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes, there's a tower less than 500 meters from me which has 3 different cell phone providers. I can't find any LTE filters locally, so i'll have to order one online. Any good canadian based suppliers you can recommend.
Do you use a pre-amp or drop amp ? If you do the situation will get worse as those LTE signals will overload your TV's tuner with local channels that have a strong signal and less so for further channels in the US, but it will also play havoc with very weak channels from the US like ABC 22.1 and Fox 44.1.

I am actually looking actively for a LTE filter at the moment and can't find any locally. You need one that has a pass of 5-608MHz as channel 36 is still used for PBS 57.1. The one from Channel Master CM-3201 (5-599MHz) should also work as the real range is from 5-629MHz as tested by others with a spectrum analyzer. The Phillips SDW1520/27 fits the bill, but they don't ship to Canada even if it shows they do on Amazon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So just a little update, I ordered a Channelmaster LTE filter from Amazon, installed it, and no change. Still buggy on channels 12.1 and 10.1. Anything else I can try? BTW just to answer a previous question, i am not using any type of amp (should I ?)

1041 - 1060 of 1070 Posts