621 - 640 of 651 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
going into the 07 Software and HW ver screen I see:

SE Version (DENA) 37.15

TVG Version: R29 (R29.6-1.r-1)

SEACHANG Version: 6 (6.21)

I have not tried unhooking all of this equip and moving it to another cable outlet.

I did have a service rep out here and he tested the signal strength and assured me it was excellent

Do you think moving this to another outlet is still something to try?

·
Super Moderator
56,417 Posts
Does Cogeco have Video on Demand? Does that work for you? Sometimes there's an issue with the return signal from the STB that can cause issues. The usual suspects for a poor signal are, bad splitter, bad RF-coax cable, something else like a power bar obstructing the signal, or perhaps an issue in your neighbourhood.

Many provider PVRs are no longer "stand alone" devices, often communicating with the head end and if that communication is spotty, this can cause issues for something that most people think is "stand alone".

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have no issue with VOD - does work - also the tech that was out replaced all the splitters in the outside box to rule that out - no splitters beyond the cable box - all cables are direct from the box to the house - he said the signal was very good

·
Registered
9 Posts
To rule out some sort of interference, I moved just the tv and cable box to a new outlet in the basement on the other side of the house away from any other equipment. But this did not resolve anything - same issues - am I the only one having these problems?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can I block the SD channels with the Pace RNG200N or anything?

I'm sure this must have been asked before... I tried searching to see if this had already been asked, but maybe I'm not good at that.

When I visit my senior parents, they are still on Cogeco cable TV. They have an older Pace RNG200N. Every time I visit, they are watching SD channels, despite the easy availability of the same channels on HD. (It's a power issue between them).

(I won't bother asking why this SD garbage is coming over the wire in the first place...)

Now, they can argue all they like between each other, but the whole stubbornness and absurdity of this is driving me crazy, and I've picked the HD side, which unfortunately between them is usually the losing side. Rather than stop visiting, I just want to get rid of the SD garbage. Either the SD channels cease being available, or should switch automatically to the HD equivalents when they pick a SD channel (No, asking them to click the Info and Select button is not enough).

I tried using parental controls to block the SD channels, but of course that ALSO blocks the equivalent HD channel! (What genius came up with that idea?)

Is there a way to do this on this receiver, or is there another receiver that can actually block the SD channels properly?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all, I think my hard drive may be on it's way out. Has any one successfully replaced their HDD with a new WD av-25 500GB drive? Is it as simple as installing the new drive and the Pace unit will format it?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Does anyone know if this box is still THE box that Cogeco uses, specifically in the Windsor area, if I have to go and trade my current RNG200N in? Can't really call them and check right now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Windsor is ginving out the Pace RNG200N

Does anyone know if this box is still THE box that Cogeco uses, specifically in the Windsor area, if I have to go and trade my current RNG200N in? Can't really call them and check right now.
I just replaced my Moto DCT 6412 yesterday with Cogeco and they gave me a Pace RNG200N. This was in Windsor.

Having issues with the aspect ratio being all messed up compared to the DCT. looking through this thread and finding possible solutions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have spent many hours on the phone with Cogeco support to no avail. I am on my fourth Pace box. All these boxes seem to have the same functional issues. There are many issues but I just want to mention one to start with. If you are watching a playback and you press the guide button, it should not kick you out of the playback, but it does. Very rarely it does not kick you out and very rarely things work correctly. A Cogeco technical supervisor confirmed that this was a problem if it kicks you out of the playback. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue or am I the only one. Cogeco says I am the only one complaining about this and they will not do anything unless they get more complaints.
When I hit guide or DVR when watching a recorded program it exits the program. When I go back into the program, it reststarts the program from the very beginning, so annoying. I just got the DVR a couple hours ago. Is it defective or do they all work like this?

I am having the same issue and I wonder if you have found a solution? I can't figure out how to delete or edit my previous post.

·
Super Moderator
56,417 Posts
We have a similar (but not identical) issue when watching recordings over on Rogers. A solution that I use is to press "pause" before exiting the programme via a channel change or anything else that takes you away from what you're watching like turning the PVR off, etc. I'm not sure if "pause" will solve the problem on Cogeco, but it works 100% of the time on Rogers. The "pause" seems to put a "place marker" on the recording so that you can "resume".

You could also try rebooting your box as the firmware sometimes becomes corrupt after some time (several weeks for example).

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have an issue where my PVR does not power down after a late night recording finishes. In the past I have done recordings at night (where I went to bed after powering off) and when I get up the next morning the PVR was off (as it should be). But, for some reason this 11-30pm recording leaves the PVR on all night.

·
Registered
1 Posts
RNG200N Power Supply

Hello,

My apologies if this post is misplaced, however I've lost the power supply to my PACE RNG200N box during a move. I was hoping someone could possibly take a picture of the back of the power supply with the model number/serial number. Surprisingly, it is extremely difficult to find the part number of that power supply anywhere on the internet. Thanks in advance for assistance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
moto vs Pace 200

I had a Motorola DCT 6416 and i suspected it was slowing dowm. I called my Cable company (Cogeco in Canada ) and they sent me the Pace 200N. I was disappointed in that I must have received a refurbished one. There was no box, plastic or instructions. Just the box and a cable wire. The Pace is much slower to respond. EWith the Moto I could fast forward through comercials. Not so easy with the pace which will only kick in 20 seconds into the program. The box is smaller and appears quieter, but the reaction time is an annoyance. Not sure if it is normal for the machine or is linked to the fact that i got a refurbished one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So my internal HDD has died (continually counting down from 9999 over and over). Is replacing the drive a simple matter of getting the special tool to open it and inserting a new 2.5” drive? Will it automatically reformat the drive once inserted? What drives/capacity are the most recommend? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Get a 1TB AV drive like the Western Digital WD10JUCT (<$100.00 on-line). Replacement is a little fiddly because of tight spaces but not too bad. The drive will automatically be formatted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Get a 1TB AV drive like the Western Digital WD10JUCT (<$100.00 on-line). Replacement is a little fiddly because of tight spaces but not too bad. The drive will automatically be formatted.
Thanks so much for your reply Dundas! I knew that attaching an external drive would format automatically, but I was wondering how on earth the unit would format itself internally if there was nothing to format itself with, if you know what I mean? Are the instructions coming internally somehow, or is this signal sent from Cogeco once it sees that you are connected?
I also looked up the drive you recommended, and was wondering if this is the newest version of this type of drive? A quick check of other 1 TB Western Digital 5400rpm drives show a higher cache rating but a cheaper price?
And I know what you mean about being fiddly as I was able to remove the old drive, but they don’t give you much cable in there to work with!
Sorry for the newbie questions, I truly appreciate your assistance! 😉

·
Super Moderator
16,372 Posts
...but I was wondering how on earth the unit would format itself internally if there was nothing to format itself with, if you know what I mean? Are the instructions coming internally somehow, or is this signal sent from Cogeco once it sees that you are connected?
The entire operating system of a TV set-top box or PVR is stored in internal memory and the internal hard drive is only used for data storage. The code to format a drive is part of the operating system and involves creating a disk partition and initializing an empty file system. It doesn't have to copy the operating system to the hard drive like a Windows or Mac computer.

PVRs are designed to be centrally managed so a Cogeco rep can also remotely issue commands to format the hard drive or reload a fresh copy of the OS if necessary.

621 - 640 of 651 Posts