Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 1994 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Here is a picture when using two SW-44a and SW-44. Most people will only need one SW-44a. You only need the Launch Amplifier if you use two SW-44s. If you are using one Sw-44a have the SW-44a connected to the SW-44.



Also, when one uses the Dish Pro Plus 44 (DPP-44) switch the LNB that is used doesnt have to be the Dish Pro Plus LNB. You can use a Dish Pro Twin or Quad.
Legacy LNBs will not work, when using the DPP-44 switch.

Finding these through Canadian retailers will be almost impossible as i belive these are only available to authorized Dish retailers. I could be wrong though.

Brad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
How important is the Launch Amplifier

Potentially I may need to get into a two SW44A and one SW44 situation

How important is the Launch Amplifier at the level of two SW44A's
THe link below gives the impression it wont be needed with (just!) two SW44a's


http://www.microyal.com/dishnet.html

Anyone any actual experience with this option?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Legacy or Pro Plus Quad LNB

Ken,
This is a great FQA.

I have a question as I have seen different answers.
I have 2 older (3/4xxx series receivers) and 6200 series. I will most likely replace the 6200 to the 9200 PVR. I have not yest installed the SW44 switch. I have been thinking about replacing the the 2 Dual LNBS to a Quad. In fact, I just purchased a Legacy Quad from eBay last week.

I have seen on different threads that the Legacy is suppose to work with the older equipment and newer ones. Is this true or do I need to purchase a PP Quad LNB?

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Good work Ken. The Dishpro+ solution is probably the best for a 2 cable run setup but I would be a bit concerned about the Evu firmware support. It will be interesting to see if the 9200 can handle the new hardware "out of the box" or whether a future firmware upgrade will be required. :(
Just hoping for the best... :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
BD- the legacy hardware will work fine with the newer receivers as well as the older ones. Just to summarize:

Legacy- works will all recivers; Dish Pro and Lecacy- allows 100 foot cable runs
Dish Pro- works only with Dish Pro receivers- allows 200 foot cable runs
Dish Pro Plus- works with legacy as long as there is also a Dish Pro receiver in the mix- allows for 200 foot cable runs and allows for seperators.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,973 Posts
klystron said:
....but I would be a bit concerned about the Evu firmware support. It will be interesting to see if the 9200 can handle the new hardware "out of the box" or whether a future firmware upgrade will be required. :(
Just hoping for the best... :)

I am wondering the same. Can anyone confirm if the DPP works on the 5200?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
Well DP technology works with my 6100, 5900 and later this week I will tell you how the 3100 handles it, also hopefully early next month I will tell you how the 9200 handles it and the DPP Separator ;). FYI I have a DPP-Twin LNB and the DPP44 switch hooked up and the DPP separator waiting in my desk!

Alt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,973 Posts
Altaman said:
FYI I have a DPP-Twin LNB and the DPP44 switch hooked up and the DPP separator waiting in my desk!

Alt
You have any good places who ship to canada via canada post?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Altaman said:
Well DP technology works with my 6100, 5900 and later this week I will tell you how the 3100 handles it
I assume you meant to say DPP, right?

(Don't you just love how they couldn't come up with a different sounding name?) :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
joedoe said:
You have any good places who ship to canada via canada post?
Well I ordered my Dpp-Twin and DPP separator from www.dishstore.net and they shipped via Canada Post. You have to put a comment in your order to ship via the post office. I believe there was a couple $ extra charge to do this though. The DPP-Twin is $29.99 USD and the DPP separator is 9.99 USD.

I bought DPP44 switch off Ebay and I believe I paid under $100 USD, they sell at the above mentioned site for $178 USD.

Alt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
568 Posts
I'm a little confused if just 2 components...the DPP seperator and the DPP Dual LBNF are needed to take a single feed line and split it to the dual tuners of the 9200.

According to the Dishstore.net site....you also need the DPP 44 switch or the above setup will not work !

The below is quoted from that site.= :
"DO NOT ORDER THIS PART IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A DISH PRO PLUS 44 SWITCH. IT WILL NOT WORK WITH A STANDARD DISH PRO TWIN LNB

If you only have 1 receiver...a 9200...and only can get 1 cable to it...which setup is 100% sure to work..?....the LBNF+seperator or the DPP 44 switch+LBNF+seperator?

I need a definite answer ..as the DPP 44 switch is around $100..too much for my budget!

Thanks!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
FortMacDude said:
IT WILL NOT WORK WITH A STANDARD DISH PRO TWIN LNB
Right, and that's why we said to get a Dish Pro Plus, and not a standard Dish Pro LNB.

(and the reason for this thread, these different terms can be very confusing.) :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,973 Posts
From there site.




Dishpro Plus Seperator $9.99



Click to enlarge

When used with the Dishpro Plus 44 Switch, or Dishpro Plus Twin this product will allow you to run a Duel Tuner Receiver such as a 322, 522, 721 or 921 with a single Coaxial Cable.

DO NOT ORDER THIS PART IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A DISH PRO PLUS 44 SWITCH. IT WILL NOT WORK WITH A STANDARD DISH PRO TWIN LNB.


It should say:

DO NOT ORDER THIS PART IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A DISH PRO PLUS 44 SWITCH or a Dish Pro Plus Twin LNB. IT WILL NOT WORK WITH A STANDARD DISH PRO TWIN LNB.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
568 Posts
:D HUGE THANK YOU GUYS ON A QUICK ANSWER...!

And as someone mentioned...the terms are confusing!..but my reading/comprehension skills need some work too!

Thanks again
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,243 Posts
Okay, current starchoice customer here. I have a a quad LNB and 4 cables from that, two directly into my DSR530 and two into two separate single tuner STB's. Is there no similar configuration from BELL that would work the same way (i.e. no switch required?). I'm thinking about changing to EVU and need to firm up all the details of doing so.

-Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
ken0042 said:
Because the 9220 isn't out yet, I'm going on the assumption that Bell will give us 2 Dual LNB's, and 2 SW21's.
It is being shipped with 2 dual LNB's and an SW44 switch
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,477 Posts
scrooloose said:
Okay, current starchoice customer here. I have a a quad LNB and 4 cables from that, two directly into my DSR530 and two into two separate single tuner STB's. Is there no similar configuration from BELL that would work the same way (i.e. no switch required?). I'm thinking about changing to EVU and need to firm up all the details of doing so.

-Mike
That's exactly what option #2 in post #2 is. The switch is built into the quad LNB - it's completely transparent to the end user. The average person wouldn't even know it's there if they had it installed for them. That's exactly the same as your StarChoice solution.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,243 Posts
North_of_Calgary said:
That's exactly what option #2 in post #2 is. The switch is built into the quad LNB - it's completely transparent to the end user. The average person wouldn't even know it's there if they had it installed for them. That's exactly the same as your StarChoice solution.
Ooh sorry, don't know how I missed that! I read through this thread with great interest too..

-Mike
 
21 - 40 of 1994 Posts
Top