1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hopefully the inclusion of games with the new firmware will mean you no longer have to reboot every time you want in or out of a game.

·
Registered
29 Posts
but do we get Marketplace?

Alot of interesting new features for sure...but no one has mentioned whether Canada will be getting access to Marketplace w/ this update. Anyone heard anything?

·
Registered
26 Posts
According to Major Nelson of Xbox, no Canadian Marketplace as of yet. Unfortunately, it takes a while for all of the distribution rights to get settled.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for that...such a shame that most of the new 3.0 features will be irrelevant in Canada because of this lengthy delay. Can't see us getting access to Channels or Mixview or Picks since they all require Marketplace access. Buy from FM is pretty meaningless too since not many Canadians stations bother to include the RDS or RT+ system. I think here in the Vancouver area there is maybe 1 or 2 stations that have it...not Zune/MS's problem obviously.

The device is great...the delay is not. I guess we'll be waiting into the New Year now since they only do big updates twice a year.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Installed the new firmware this morning. I was surprised how well the games looked on the little screen on my 8GB.

Don't have a wireless access point at the the office, so I'll have to wait to get home to play with the new online features.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So did it get Marketplace (without tricking it w/ the Regional Settings)? I didn't have enough time this morning to do the updates....I tried once and it download the update, rebooted, but didn't actually update the software to 3.0. Will try again tonight.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was hoping the update would fix the issue I've been having with using Genre to sort music while using the Zune. I hate how when you select Genre/Rock it then shows you all the albums under the Rock Genre.

I would prefer it allowed you to go Genre/Rock/Artist and then let you select an album. Guess I'll have to hope for this in the next update.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Went online from my Zune today. Checked out clips of a bunch of songs. We don't have Zune Passes up here yet, but we are still allowed to listen to 30 seconds of a song streamed. In many cases it might be enough to help decide if you want to buy a song.

I went out and bought the new Lindsey Buckingham after listening to clips.

Microsoft really needs to market this thing!

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
One undocumented feature I noticed is that fast-forwarding is MUCH faster now (perfect for audiobooks and other long MP3 files).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts