Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I recently bought an Sony bravia HDTV (32ex500) ,a bluray reader (Sony s570) and an Onkyo receiver ( first sr508 and after change for Ht rc 260)
My setup:

receiver HDMI out to HDTV HDMI In with HDMI cable
receiver --- optique cable ---hdtv ( for sound seems my Sony HD have problem with ARC audio return chanel compatibility with Onkyo)

Sony Bluray to Onkyo receiver via HDMI cable (working ok)

another cd reader analogic connected to onkyo via analogic cable (working ok)

I have connected the receiver as front hight speakers to two speakers in a room (all stereo chanels working ok)
And and i have also connected two other speakers in another room as zone 2 speakers to back of receiver where it is writing zone 2 speakers

The problem is no sound is coming from my zone 2 speakers: read the user manuels ,use the commands,ask to technician from my seller to come and try it,change the receiver (from sr508 to rc260) verify the connection and cable........Still no sound for zone 2

Some suggestion please ??
Is someone has the same receiver and try the zone 2 setup??

Just another problem;i cannot open my Bluray for listening music with a cd without HDTV open also Normal?? On my old cd reader i can just open the receiver,put a cd in the reader and that it without TV open

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,234 Posts
I have connected the receiver as front hight speakers to two speakers in a room (all stereo chanels working ok)
And and i have also connected two other speakers in another room as zone 2 speakers to back of receiver where it is writing zone 2 speakers

The problem is no sound is coming from my zone 2 speakers ...
According to the owner's manual for the Onkyo receiver, you can have either front height or Zone 2, but not both.

Just another problem;i cannot open my Bluray for listening music with a cd without HDTV open also Normal??
No, that's not normal. If your Blu-ray (BD) player is connected directly to your receiver, you should be able to listen to a CD on it just by selecting the input the player is connected to. You should not have to turn the TV on.

Your components should be connected something like this:
1. Blu-ray player --> HDMI out --> receiver --> HDMI out --> TV
- For movies, turn your BD player, your receiver and TV. For music, turn on only your player and receiver.

2. CD player --> analogue out --> receiver

3. TV --> digital audio out --> receiver
- To listen to audio from a program displayed on your TV, turn on the TV and the receiver.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts