Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
@jdevlin: Thanks for replying. Bell did drop all music from their fireplace and aquarium channels over a royalty dispute with Stingray.

Which brings me back to my original question. Why are there separate English and French fireplaces? Is this some kind of insane political correctness at work? In today's don't offend anybody Canada that wouldn't surprise me but it does seem more than a little redundant.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's not working on mine either at the moment. Maybe they only supply the music during the Christmas season? I'd try turning it on again mid-November. This is the procedure if you do want to try it then. On the remote:

Press Menu button
Select "Accessibility Setup"
Select "Enable" for DV (described video)

Keep in mind this does turn on DV so make sure to turn it off when you're not on the Fireplace Channel or all your programs will talk to you. :D

ETA: Just saw the messages about the royalty disputes. And seems I knew this last year going by a post I made in November. Memory like an elephant!

·
Registered
60 Posts
@jdevlin: Thanks for replying. Bell did drop all music from their fireplace and aquarium channels over a royalty dispute with Stingray.

Which brings me back to my original question. Why are there separate English and French fireplaces? Is this some kind of insane political correctness at work? In today's don't offend anybody Canada that wouldn't surprise me but it does seem more than a little redundant.
More likely that Bell is just slow to make changes.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
French fireplaces sound different then English ones.

Lots of sounds are different in a French context - look at a box of Rice Krispies - English Rice Krispies make the noises "Snap, Crackle, Pop", but if you add French milk it makes "Cric, Crac, Croc" noises. It's even on the box.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
@Inglewood: I hope you're joking. The same video and fireplace sounds are playing simultaneously on both channels. Nothing is different except the short info. blurb for each channel in Bell's EPG.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts