Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I was hoping it had replaced FX and FXX...... less repeats on the Yuletide Channel IMHO.....lol

Reactions: colinpeddle

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Noticed that they kept the Aquarium channel this year as well...usually it is replaced by the Fireplace channel.

At least my cats are happy chasing HD fish still...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sad to see it leave after the "Season" ends ... Why not keep it going with the crackling sounds !! Plus it really warms up my living room !!! ??
???

·
Registered
15 Posts
In the heat of the summer I would like to see this changed to an air conditioner .... With real sound !!! Betcha it would cool down the place !!! ??

·
Registered
60 Posts
Does the channel not show up at all in the TV Guide grid when it disappears or is the channel there but just blank? I've had some problems with channels they had to look into and wondering if this is one of them (it doesn't show on the grid).

Also, any idea if/when it will be back later this year?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for the replies. My Aquarium channel is on 1758 but Fireplace which is supposed to be on 1060 doesn't show up at all in the Guide. Nothing showed last February either though when I switched to the package it was included in but maybe it was already pulled for the season by then.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mine is on now (channel 1060). I didn’t check yesterday but figure the 15th is probably a date they might start it. It stipulates only natural ambient sound, no music (due to music rights restrictions) but that’s fine with me. I always chose the crackling over music anyway.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Bell TV (Satellite) is now offering the Fireplace Channel year round in both English (ch. 1060) and French (ch. 1840). That leads me to my serious question. Since there is no announcer or music on either channel and all we can hear are the natural sounds of a fireplace, why do we need two channels? Is there a difference between what a fireplace sounds like in English as opposed to French? (Just wonderin ...) :wink

·
Registered
181 Posts
I play the fireplace channel on my spare computer at work all day with the SiriusXM streaming running in the background. Works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bell TV (Satellite) is now offering the Fireplace Channel year round in both English (ch. 1060) and French (ch. 1840). That leads me to my serious question. Since there is no announcer or music on either channel and all we can hear are the natural sounds of a fireplace, why do we need two channels? Is there a difference between what a fireplace sounds like in English as opposed to French? (Just wonderin ...) :wink
lol There actually is music. You have to toggle Described Video for either music or only the crackling sounds. The French channel has French tunes, so there's the difference. Though I haven't really paid close attention to the crackling. Maybe it is in French. "le crackle". :D

21 - 40 of 47 Posts