Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
My favourite of the Toy Story films by far.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
My only "complaint" would be that 3D added nothing to the movie. For the most part while I was watching I forgot the movie was even in 3D. If you have the choice, save $2 (or whatever) and watch it in a regular theater.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Finally watched it this weekend. I'm having a hard time writing this since my eyes are still swollen from all the crying I did at the end of the movie. Luckily in the theatre those freakishly large 3D glasses helped to hide some of that, but from all the blubbering I heard going on around me, I'd guess I wasn't the only one crying.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Whew! Glad to hear I'm not the only who girlied up and cried. TWICE! Once during
the holding-hands-as-we-face-our-deaths
scene and once when
Andy and the little kid were playing with the toys at the end.
Big, fat tears rolling down my face!

And I agree that the 3D added nothing to the experience. I didn't feel immersed in the world of the movie at all with the 3D.

Still, top marks for Pixar with this flick. Best Toy Story movie yet, and a contender for best Pixar movie . . . ?

cheers,
supervij

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
That's one thing about pixar. They can play with your emotions as if they own you. Just look back at UP in the first 15 minutes, it was very sad story but human as far as cartoons goes.

I did have a tear or two as well in Toy Story....just like I did in Monsters Inc at the end when Sully goes back to see Bo.

Yup, Toy Story was good but not as imersing as other 3D movies I have seen. Still enjoyed it very much.

·
Premium Member
9,233 Posts
Toy Story 3 - Andy is now 17 years old and heading off to college. He plans to take Woody with him and store the rest of the toys in the attic but, due to a snafu, all the toys find themselves donated to the Sunnyside Daycare centre. The centre is filled with friendly toys and playful children so, with his friends seemingly safe, Woody decides to return home so that he can remain with Andy. Back at Sunnyside, the toys soon discover that life there has a much darker side to it and that they must escape in order to save themselves. Woody, having meanwhile found out about the evil goings-on at Sunnyside, returns to help his friends. Getting away from the centre will be difficult...but will it be any easier for the toys to find a safe and happy new home?

Eleven years after TS2, Pixar knocks another one out of the park with a wonderful sequel - filled with fun, adventure, excitement, danger, laughter and friendship - that blends perfectly with the originals. And the ending is very satisfying. (Additionally, the new short - "Day & Night" - was terrific.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts