Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 is gone, we are now into 2020, New apps have come out since or gained in popularity. Since Android is the BEST mobile platform, what are your favourite Android Apps for 2020?

Here are my top 20:

Airmiles - Gotta have air miles app to earn and track my miles on the go, no need to carry my loyalty card no more.
CIBC Banking - Gotta check my Bank Accounts and credit card transactions on the go, and get notification when a purchase is made, Great App! a Must Have!
CA Mobile Authenticator - Best App for 2 Factor Authentication for certain web sites and apps. Works 100% well and reliable.
CAA - Used it in an emergency and they were very quick to dispatch road side help, This app is A+. it also has your card digitally so no need to carry the plastic card.
Esso Extra - Love being able to earn esso extra points and tracking my rewards on the go, Great App, thou Esso's are becoming harder to find in my community, still good tho.
Flipp - I stopped using Flyers 2-3 years ago and now just use the Flipp app for finding deals and price matching, Great App, love that you can mark clippings of flyers for later
Gas Buddy - anyone who drives this is a must. best app ever to find cheap gas prices in your area, and to leave feedback for stations, A1 Rating
Manulife Mobile - Must have for anyone using Manulife as their benefits provider. Can submit claims online too
mySunLife App - Must have for anyone using Sun Life as their benefits provider. Can submit claims online too
OLG Lottery - Best App Ever, use it twice a week to check winning numbers and scan my lotto tickets. It has a great reminder when the jackpot is getting big.
PC Optimum - Great app, replaces my loyalty card and can track my purchases and rewards on the go.
Petro Canada - Great app. I use it to earn and check my Petro points very often because there are many Petro Canada stations where i live so it comes in handy.
Presto - Great app if you take the TTC and Go Train. Checks your balance and transaction history, you can even use it to reload your card but its faster to do it at the station but still good none the less
RBC Mobile - Great App use to manage all my RBC accounts and investments
RBC Wallet - Great Alternative to G Pay use to make contact-less credit card purchases with my phone and check transactions
Honeywell Total Connect Comfort - use it to set my thermostat wen im away or at work, works 100% great
Tim Horton's - Great App to check my Tim's Rewards and play role up the rim to win
RSA Token - Use it for work, its much better than carrying around the hardware key chain token
Google Duo - Great app for Video calling since all new androids have it pre-installed its fairly common and does not need accounts or passwords to be created like these third party apps
Google G Pay - Great app, i use it to store my loyalty cards, sporting event tickets and gift cards for now but not to store my credit card cus I do not want to be able to have google apps make purchase so i use RBC wallet instead for those.

If you noticed I do not have any Social Media Applications because I'm a busy family man and cant have time for nonsense and fake news and that crap and I also do NOT have any games on my android because I'm not a Teenager I'm a father of 2 children and I'm all grown up and don't have time for playing silly games on my phone plus i cherish my battery life and games drains the crap out of your phones so my friends in their 40's always have dead batteries while my phones always fully charged all the time.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
If you noticed I do not have any Social Media Applications because I'm a busy family man and cant have time for nonsense and fake news and that crap and I also do NOT have any games on my android because I'm not a Teenager I'm a father of 2 children and I'm all grown up and don't have time for playing silly games on my phone plus i cherish my battery life and games drains the crap out of your phones so my friends in their 40's always have dead batteries while my phones always fully charged all the time.
Well, it seems your condescension hasn't lessened any in 2020.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts