Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW who didn't see this coming.

I in fact only noticed this now on my Dec. bill:

EastLink invests considerable resources to deliver the most reliable state of the art television and telecommunications services to our customers. While we make every effort to be highly efficient, operating costs continue to increase which will result in an increase of $2.95 per month effective on your next bill.
Then just below this they hit you with this to soften the blow:

Great news! We have added SportsnetOne, AMC (American Movie Classics), TCM (Turner Classic Movies) to our digital line-up, as well as Global TV OnDemand. Visit www.eastlink.ca & check Channel Guides under the Cable/Digital TV tab for availability in your area.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Still waiting for my snet1 last time called them they swore it would be on by baseball season so I have not started to climb the walls yet, 2 or 3 bucks I can deal with if it goes up by 10 or 20 bucks I will have to make some choices and drop a few channels.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You see this really makes me angry,I do understand that there is going to be rate changes from time to time but here we have the fact that Halifax here is maxed out and are missing like 14 HD channels most other areas have, even really small communities have more HD than Halifax has and no offence too these smaller communities but that is absolutely unacceptable. They have pussyfooted around for over a year with the Halifax system and now we get hit with a rate increase. All I can say is they better get there act together and get halifaxs system fixed so we can be on par with the rest or I'll be seeking my tv elsewhere. This is ridiculous now how long this situation with halifaxs system has been going on. They knew well before that Halifax would be maxed out at this point but decided to do absolutely nothing, nil, notta about it beforehand so we wouldn't have the issues we are seeing now. They seem to be upgrading all there other systems everywhere else though like in Ontario but we get left last here in Halifax. Tired of this crap.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Newone, I hear ya buddy, I been saying same thing for months now. Your right about Eastlink upgrading there other systems they have like in Ontario but have done nothing for Halifax's system, this also ticks me off to no end.

It sure would be nice to have an Eastlink Rep here like most of the other providers on here have but since Eastlink operates like a government agency and likes to keep everything a big secret this doesn't look like it's going to happen.

That twitter guy/gal is also useless when it comes to trying to even get basic info out of them and they advertise that as official support, don't know why they won't come on here as I have asked them to have a rep on here but refuse too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have had those channels since October. It must just be metro Halifax that is getting them now.

PS

I am located just outside Halifax.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it's the City of Halifax itself that is missing a crap load of HD channels. Bedford, Sackville, Dartmouth etc.. have all the HD channels that are available , it's just within the main city itself that we do not and probably will not for awhile yet because I cannot get a straight answer from anyone at Eastlink, they always runaround the questions when I call them up be it CSR's or some management personnel I have spoken too which usually is not a good sign.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts