Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
So I just bought some new additions....ok, everything is new except for the rogers pvr.

TV - Panasonic TC-P54VT25
Receiver - Yamaha RX-A800
Blu Ray - Panasonic BDT100
Harmony 900 Remote

Basic set up, HDMI cable from pvr and blu ray to receiver hdmi 1 & 2. HDMI out to tv......and speaker wire.

I think I have my remote programmed correctly, however its the HDMI pass-through that I think is messing it up from my receiver.

When I power down the Watch TV activity, the receiver turns off, tv off and pvr off however then the receiver switches back on.

If I manually turn it off or use the help function, when I start the activity again, it doesn't always recognize the hdmi audio and/or video from my tv. I need to turn the receiver off and on again.

Sorry for babbling and hopefully someone has a clue what I'm trying to describe.

Thanks and happy listening!!!!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
This is likely caused by VIERA Link being active (a feature in the TV that will turn on HDMI connected devices when the TV is turned on).

Turn off VIERA link in the TV settings (Menu, Settings, VIERA Link settings), and turn off HDMI Control in the Receiver (Setup).

If you now have problems with the correct input not being selected you may have to adjust the Power On Delay for the TV and/or change the sequence in which the devices are turned off.

Try the above and report any other problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks B....just got home and turned off the Viera link....everything is working fine!!!

I now have a happy wife who finally sees the benefit of having all this stuff :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts