Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am also interested to get this receiver to upgrade my RX-V800. But is this receiver compatible with 3D? if not then is it a big deal or not?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Well, if you're looking for a station that you know works...than it probably will. I did run into invalid stations too.

I personally do not care for the 3D experience, and have not tested to confirm but 1.3 should still do 3D (at 1080p 24 hz).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yamaha 6295B Internet Radio Problem

An update on the Internet Radio issue - I have installed the latest firmware, which was described by Yamaha as addressing internet connectivity issues. When I saw the description, I was positive that this would fix the problem, but to no avail. Perhaps I get a few more stations, but the majority just don't work! My Apple TV on the other hand, plays everything that is has to offer on its menu of stations.
If anyone else has experienced the same thing and managed to solve the problem, I'd love to hear from you.

·
Registered
144 Posts
As indicated in the green/"red" chart, 1.4 is required for 3D.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Version_comparison
Thanks for the clarification. Today, I picked up Pioneer VSX-1325-K from Futureshop. I did not not Yamaha HTR 6295. Pioneer looks like has lot more features than HTR 6295 including 3D. If I am upgrading it now, I think I should look into 3D aspect as well. Then again I don't know much about Pioneer receivers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
DAB - i have the same reciever as you, and I use the Internet radio with no issues (other than an occasional streaming hiccup). I wonder if you might have some settings on your router causing your issues?

One comment about the IR feature - I wish there was song/artist/album info - you would think that would be possible through the internet...

d.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yeah, the song/artist info definitely is available, by most other means. Not sure why the receiver cannot do it. My phone can see the info, winamp, etc. So I know it's a Yamaha/receiver issue.

Juppi, The app works for it, it also has a docking station input for the Ipod available, but not included.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yea, the sales guy at FS said he would "throw in" the Ipod dock for "only" $140 with the reciever.
I put a bunch of MP3's on a memory stick and plug it into the 6295, works great! No random play feature though. I wonder if Yamaha is open for customer feedback for future firmware?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Yamaha HTR6295B Receiver. It has 4 HDMI inputs, and 2 outputs. I am using all of them. Outputs to Hitachi projector and Samsung 50". Inputs from Apple tv, blu ray, high def satellite pvr, and hi def cable box. The output to the projector will randomly black out and lose the audio. Usually they both come back after a few seconds. Sometimes the video stays black, and I have to change to another HDMI input, and then change back again in order to get the video back. Obviously this is very annoying as I can't even get through a movie or tv show without this happening. I have swapped out all of the hdmi cables one at a time, and updated the software on the receiver. The only thing that fixes the problem is not having both hdmi out cables connected at once, but the whole reason I purchased this receiver was because of the convenience of the 2 outputs. I sent an email to Yamaha, but didn't receive a response. Any help would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yeah, I'm with 57. If you want to confirm it more, try it with a different display device (prefferably a different display type).

P.S. The receiver actually has 5 HDMI inputs (4 rear, 1 front), and 2 Out (only 1 with audio). Using the audioless HDMI output for your projector wouldn't make any difference too, but that's stating the obvious too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have updated the software in the receiver and blu ray player. I'm not sure if the software can be updated in the Hitachi projector. I appreciate the help, and I'll keep plugging away at it to see if I can get any resolve to it. I will post the solution if I ever find it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=71112

This was a very interesting read about the problems and limitations with HDMI. Interesting to read that HDMI picture quality may not be any better than Component. One thing I did notice when I switched to the 6295 was an improvement in the picture quality. I was already using HDMI via an HDMI switch as my RXV 2095 only had S-video switching, but did notice a definite improvement in picture when the video was processed through the 6295. I'll have to dig out my comp video cables and see if it makes the system more reliable without compromising quality. I have switched the HDMI control to 'off' on the receiver to see if this helps after reading the hdmi recommendations in the link. The video hasn't blacked out in the last hour as a result (although sometimes it would go this long before). Now the audio decoder shows 'DD PL II' on the display instead of 'dolby digital'. What is the difference?

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I decided to hook up a component cable from the monitor out on the htr receiver to the projector. When I change the projector input from hdmi to component, the sound interrupts on the 6295 receiver, and then comes back as dolby digital rather than dd pl II. Of course there is no signal from the component output as I only have hdmi's hooked up to the inputs. If my wife turns off the tv upstairs while watching the component input that isn't even associated with the 6295, it interrupts the video and audio on the 6295 because the hdmi cable is plugged into that tv. Is there such a thing as a one way HDMI filter that will allow the signal to flow from the 6295 to both video sources, but not get confused by signals flowing back to the 6295 when changes are made at the monitor source. I read in the hdmi description link that the hdmi signal runs both ways, and that would seem to my uneducated brain to be the problem. :confused:

·
Registered
520 Posts
So your going from a HDMI source to a Component output? Pretty sure you'll have issues, this way.

I think the solution to all your problems are going Component+digital audio from the source to the HTR-6295, this way using the HDMI or component output shouldn't give you any issues imo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wasn't using any component cables until yesterday when I read that hdmi wasn't any better than component. That was when I plugged in the component cable just to compare, but there was no signal at the output as I am not inputting any component. It was interesting that switching between hdmi and component inputs on my projector would make the sound disappear on the 6295 though. I bought this receiver mainly so that I could access my Apple TV both in the basement and in living room thanks to the 2 hdmi outputs. Unfortunately, it is not reliable, and I am getting zero help from Yamaha.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need the manuals for the Yamaha 6295 or 6295B receiver. Can anybody please help me? I looked at the yamaha website but couldn't find it there. Google is givving me a .pdf link but when I click on the link the regular yamaha website pops up. If anyone can could help me I will really appreciate it.
Also at the moment I don't have any Dolby surround system yet. Anybody have some suggestions for a real good home system? I was thinking about a Bose system or something like that. But for any other/better suggestions I will be thankful.
Thanks for the help ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yamaha HTR 6295B Inteernet Radio "Access Error"

Costa

I'm using this receiver through a netgear router. I've all of my firewalls off and still I can't access internet radio, it shows me "Access Error".

Do you've any suggestions?

Thanks

Bijal

21 - 40 of 42 Posts