Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just bought a Yamaha HTR 6295 receiver and I have a computer that I wanted to connect to it. Because the video and audio cards are separate, the video is over HDMI and the audio is coming over a digital coaxial. I haven't found a way to use one of the HDMI inputs with a different audio input as well. But with this 6295, it seems to be all over HDMI or nothing (the only other inputs are AV#, and they are completely differennt inputs from the HDMI inputs). I hoping that I'm just missing the instructions on how to select a different audio input. Has anyone else run into this issue? I'm sure I'm not the only one who had a device that does only video over HDMI.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Solution

I'm going to post this here in case someone else is looking to a solution to this same problem. I finally got a response from Yamaha and they said that I had to do a firmware update to get that functionality.

Once you do the update, then you click on the "Options" button on the remote, then go to "Inputs" and change the video input for the audio input you want to use. The only problem I'm having is that I have to do this every time I want to use it. It seems to remember the setting, but I have to go into the options menu just to get the video feed to pull from the proper source, but that's another story.

SS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the Yamaha rep said that the firmware update was required to get the input options in the option menu. It is properly set up, but for some reason I have to enter the options menu and exit for it to "recognize" the input. If I don't go into the options menu, then I just get a black screen with "no video input".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.