Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My HTR-6230 Front A and Front B speakers are not working. The center and surrounds are fine, and the wiring and speakers have been checked as okay.

What should I do next?

Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
Have you tried cycling the speaker selection switch through the various positions for A/B/off? You may be in the "off" or "B" position currently? I couldn't tell from the picture of the front of the unit, but this is often the cause of this malady - the switch is usually on the front of the unit?

I've often found that when selecting the "B" set of speakers that the "A" fronts shut off, but the center and surrounds can stay on. Also, if you've not set up/hooked up the "B" speakers properly in the user setup menu, you may not get any audio from them. The operating manual should cover appropriate settings - some AVRs have these defaulting to the "rear" speakers (of a 7.1 system) instead of to the "B" speakers so the setting in the speaker setup menu needs to be set appropriately.

See the following post, useful for those new to the forum - FAQs, Search Tips, Optimization, etc:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57741

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Agree with 57, I almost bought a new receiver until I realised someone had hit the A/B button.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts