Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have just purchased the Tritton AX PRO digital headphones that take an optical in for full surround sound.

I also have the yamaha htr-6080 with an xbox, dvd, cable attached

There is an optical out on the back (marked for md/cdr) but I cannot seem to figure out how to select this as the audio out so that I can use the digital headphones instead of the attached speakers ... does anyone know if this is possible? Or whether there is another approach I should take?

I dont see anything obvious in the manual and the reciever only seems to have options for selecting video source and audio source separately not audio destination.

My only other option would be to try to find some kind of optical switch but would rather not go down that path unless i absolutely must as that is marginally better than unplugging the optical cable from the back of the reciever for the desired audio I want through my headphones.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Solved

Just an FYI for anyone else with same issue

After reading through the Recording section of the manual, it states that analog audio will not be passed through the optical out only digital audio on digital optical/coax in.

The source I was testing was hdmi video and audio (which you would think would be digital audio) so i switched to a source that used optical in and viola ... after plugging in an optical cable for the original test all is working

1 - 2 of 2 Posts