Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently bought a yamaha RX-V663BL recciever with 5 speakers and a sub. I have a ps3 hooked up as my bluray player connected by a hdmi cable. My problem is when I play a Bluray..Batman begins..I hit select on my ps3 controller and it says Doldy digital 5.1 as the audio...not dolby true hd. I have my audio settings on my ps3 set to hdmi and auto select and my blu-ray output settings set to lpcm. My reciever lights up pcm when the blu-ray is played. Im wondering why when I hit select it doesn't say dolby true hd? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Why not try with a disc that actually contains a Dolby TrueHD sound track?

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Let's assume all your connections are set up properly.
When you start up your Blu-Ray disc, do you select TrueHD in the audio options in the movie menu? Sometimes it defaults to Dolby Digital; you might have to manually select TrueHD.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I believe the reason is that your PS3 is doing the decoding of the TrueHD signal and sending it to the receiver as uncompressed multichannel PCM sound. The receiver won't indicate that it's getting TrueHD unless it is the device decoding it.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I believe the reason is that your PS3 is doing the decoding of the TrueHD signal and sending it to the receiver as uncompressed multichannel PCM sound. The receiver won't indicate that it's getting TrueHD unless it is the device decoding it.
I don't think that's the issue. He's saying that the PS3 info bar is displaying DD5.1 instead of TrueHD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.