1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
It's probably a smart decision to sell. Several companies are planning low orbital satellite internet systems that could be serious competition for other types of wireless internet. One is on track to be available later this year.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm very interested to see if customer service and fixed wireless network performance will improve or degrade under the new ownership.... It's hard to imagine how it could get worse, but I'll not issue such a challenge.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I expect price increases very shortly... its already overpriced as it is and im sure the new owners are not interested in offering cheap internet to the unfortunate that cant get fibre

·
Super Moderator
16,380 Posts
Highlights from today's press release.

The transaction remains subject to regulatory approval and is expected to close in the coming months.

Today's announcement will further Xplornet's plan to accelerate investment in its national hybrid fibre wireless and satellite broadband network for rural Canadians. Upon completion of the transaction, Xplornet will have a strong balance sheet to execute its plan of improving broadband service for residences and business in rural Canada, along with access to growth capital to pursue organic and inorganic developments of its broadband business.

"Stonepeak's investment will position Xplornet to accelerate development of our facilities-based broadband network and services, enabling much faster speeds, including unlimited data plans at affordable prices for rural Canada."

Today's announcement builds upon the investments in fibre and 5G wireless technology to be made by Xplornet throughout Canada. In 2019, Xplornet announced that it will invest $500 million over the next five years to deploy state-of-the-art hybrid fibre wireless and satellite technology in its facilities-based network in order to deliver broadband services to rural Canadians.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts