Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
I don't see where Consumer's Reports "panned" the Xoom. They ranked the iPad2 1st among 17 tablets they tested. The Xoom tied with the 1st iPad. That's just sensational headline that's not backed-up by the article.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Well, the fact that remains that consumers are taking a pass on Xoom. By all accounts, sales are tepid at best.

Hopefully a real contender emerges soon, or iPad will dominate for a second year and the installed base will become so large that new contenders will not be able to break in. (like iPod or Windows PCs)

·
Registered
66 Posts
meh I picked up my Xoom this morning and this thing kicks serious ass, screw the Ipad! (no offense to ipad fanboys here)

BestBuy I went to had only 1 left after I got mine, the sales guy said they flew off the shelf this morning.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Thats an interesting opinion piece in BGR, but it doesn't change the fact that the Xoom is far below expectations and Motorola is aggressively calling down its forecasts. Hopefully someone gets it right soon.

·
Super Moderator
11,128 Posts
I don't see where Consumer's Reports "panned" the Xoom
I did not see the CR article but usually they rank products and then recommend some of them. Traditionally CR looks for the most bang for your buck.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Consumer Reports also is on record for not recommending the Iphone 4 for either AT&T and Verizon so consider the source.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I check CR for a lot of things, but I find that electronics in general are not something that I usually agree with. Something with how they rate electronics doesn't mesh with my own needs and desires.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Consumer Reports also is on record for not recommending the Iphone 4 for either AT&T and Verizon so consider the source.
I have an iPhone 3GS, after having used Nokia's and BB's around the world and they always worked with good signal, the 3GS really is the worse of the phones I've owned in years.

3GS is an awesome toy, great iTouch, but as a phone, sorry will not go to iPhone 4 or 5, will go back to BB next.

Will keep the 3GS as an iTouch, but that is it.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Really? I've used BB and iPhone around the world as well. Twelve countries since Christmas as a matter of fact. As a phone, they both performed equally well.

But to be fair, it could be a country specific issue. My recent experience was based on usage in Poland, Czech Republic, Germany, Belgium, The Netherlands, United Kingdom, Spain, USA, Mexico, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China and Japan.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had a chance to play around quickly with the Xoom the other day at Bestbuy and overall I liked the device. I think the honeycomb nav system probably needs to be reworked but the nice thing about touchscreen devices is that everything is modifiable.

I disagree with the way the buttons are laid out, and probably a more convoluted plug set than is necessary (Although that's personal preference, I like the simplicity of having one cable for all my iOS devices)

I'd say there's a good chance I might pick up a second generation Android tablet for development.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I don't know if Zoom is a flop or not but I can not find it in any Best Buy or Futureshop in Toronto area. May be Motorola is also Following Apply's plan to send only a few in the market.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts