·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
58 Posts
XM SkyDock

I'm somewhat confused with the XM SkyDock advertisement. They say that you need an I-pod or and I-phone along with an XM account; purchase the XM SkyDock and you can listen to XM Satelite Radio. I curently subscribe to XM however my radio is a factory installed one which obviously isn't mobile. What I would like to do is be able to have XM Radio on my home theatre. Could I purchase a unit like the SkyDock or something similar and port it to my home theate without having to pay for an additional subscription; or could I alteratively stream my XM from my personal computer to my home theatre; again without the cost of an additional account? I understand that as a XM subscriber I am entitled to set up and receive XM on my personal computer but I'm sure that they use specific codecs which would prohibit streaming via XBox or PS3, correct?

Thanks Cobra

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
This SkyDock thing is probably the most pointless device created for iPhone, in my opinion. Basically, it is a car XM tuner, that cannot work by itself, but requires an iPhone/iPod to be plugged in it. Probably its only added benefit is that it will charge your iPhone while it's plugged in.
For your home theatre, just use an iPhone/iPod Touch (with or without a dock) connected to your AV receiver. Use the XM or WunderRadio app to get the XM online.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Arthur, he is asking if he can listen to XM on his home theatre without paying extra and the answer is no.

If you use the XM app, its an extra $2,99 or so a month on top of the regular sub.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts