Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our new VW has Sirius so I called them to sub when the 3 month free trial ran out.

The Sirius Canada call centre rep had a thick foreign accent and kept assuring me that "he was going to take care of me....my friend".

LOL...He only offered the same price as on the Sirius Canada website.

Anyway, when I asked he said he was in Egypt!

Now, on to my experience with XM Canada. We decided to keep our portable XM radio for home use only. I called a couple of weeks before the subscription expired .The first lady I spoke to spoke English well. She offered a reasonable discount as we weren't going to use the unit in the car. Credit card provided. Case closed I thought.

Over the next month or so I received two calls on my voice mail about my overdue account. One said that he was from "Collections". I called back both times and spoke to some individuals with thick accents and seemed clueless that I had already paid. I ended up giving my credit card info three times before my credit card was charged.

Where is XM Canada's call centre located?

When the CRTC approved Sirius & XM in Canada they shoulda insisted on them creating jobs in Canadian call centres.....not in Egypt

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Doug. It's amazing that XM Canada & Sirius Canada don't have their call centres in Canada. I'm not happy with either of them. Shame!!

In contrast....ShawDirect has call centres in Calgary, Mississauga & Montreal. I've always had great customer support from them.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
XM's retention call centre is in Canada. I know, my dealings with XM Canada is like banging your head against the wall when talking with them. Plus the second or two delay is so annoying. Can you not receive PM's? I had a question for you.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Time to start boycotting these companies that have their call centres outside north america. I guess Bell would be the big loser there.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I've always talked to Glace Bay when I've called Sirius. The CSRs have always been top notch.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
When I spoke with Sirius the guy had a very distinctive Atlantic Canadian accent. Good service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts