Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Last month I diddnt use my credit card but I got his with $13.82 by XM. XM I cancelled around the same date. My XM was good till July 4rth. They said I wouldnt have a cancel fee because I called well before. So what is the $13.82 for. Im not sure its worth calling arguing over.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I called them and asked what this $13 charge was and they had no explanation for it. So they charged me for nothing pretty much. They will send it back to my CC

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Westcoastinc, well at least you got your money back. You really have to watch, and makes you wonder how trustyworthy Xm is!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Westcoastinc, well at least you got your money back. You really have to watch, and makes you wonder how trustworthy Xm is!!

·
Banned
8 Posts
Hard to Cancel XM Subscription

If you decide to subscribe be aware that, should you choose to cancel they will make it as difficult for you as possible. Your agreement to subscribe is forever unless you cancel. They require you to call them to cancel but it takes forever to get an answer. If you get through they impose cancellation fees that are in the agreement which you probably didn't read.

They refuse to take a cancellation notification by email even though they use your email address as a means of security identification. All your agreement requires is that you "notify" them but they will continue to send you invoices.

Be warned, once you are in you will find it very difficult to get out.

And, if you were silly enough to give them your VISA number (thankfully I didn't) all these charges will be automatic.

And, for what is worth, I found the broadcast quality pretty awful but that's not unexpected given the low bit rate I found they were putting out. That is just my opinion but the rest is fact.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
as noted in this thread, cancellation fees are standard operating procedure with most companies. Not sure how you were paying if it wasn't VISA

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
So you were being invoiced? When I signed up for XM in 2006, the only way I could pay was through my credit card. Yes, I could pay annually, quarterly, etc. but XM doesn't send a formal bill. They charge the credit card. There were (are?) no other options.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
They require you to call them to cancel
Seriously, how is that so horrible?

They refuse to take a cancellation notification by email
I can understand that since email can be spoofed and most users would probably never send the correct information.

My guess is you can call them and cancel in about 5 minutes over the phone.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I had no problem cancelling my XM service and didn't get charged a cancellation fee either.

I did have to call them and go through the endless "please stay with us" offer game.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts