Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I'm a newbie here, so please accept my apologies in advance if this topic has already been dealt with. Here goes, I'm in Canada with a US sub to XM. I have been thinking about getting the XM app for my phone (to listen to Stern at work), but was wondering : if my phone is with Rogers, and I use my US XM sub #, will they(XM) figure out that I'm actually north of the border? Also (though not specifically an XM question), how can I gain access to the US Iphone store to download the US XM app?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm setup the way you are describing your situation now. To get access to the USA itunes sign out of your Canadian account in itunes, flip your itunes store to the USA (bottom of the main store page in itunes). Find the XM App, or any free app and go to download it. It will ask you to create an account. Because the app is free you won't have to put in a USA credit card...

I've also done this with a UK account to get a couple free soccer apps from across the pond.

I don't have the link handy but if you google "setup usa itunes account" you'll find the steps in the right order.

good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks Bucketo, I shall give it a go. Also with the footy apps, hadn't thought about UK apps until you mentioned it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts