Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Starchoice, thanks for your reply. By no means do I have a deep understanding of satellite tv which is why I'm here for advice so I hope forum members can bear with my questions.

I should have taken time to explain in more detail as to why why I feel reasonably confident that I'm on the correct satellite. The test satellite mount is solidly anchored and the dish can be locked in place once on the satellite. With the old LNB aligned in place tv receives all associated channels and solid signal strength on the in line meter. I remove the old LNB from the arm, transfer the cable to the new tri sat LNB, place the tri sat LNB back on the arm with no adjustments to the dish, the in line meter registers a strong signal, but no picture or sound. I can repeat the sequence numerous times and every time the old LNB works, the new tri sat LNB does not work. Is my logic reasonable?

One more question, I'm of the belief there are no parameters in the LNB that can be changed remotely , is that correct? .

·
Registered
215 Posts
If someone has a 75E xku LNB in working order for sale, I will buy. Contact by PM.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Shaw direct upgrade

If you are getting all your channels with the old LNB and not the new xLNB then the channel map for that receiver is not the correct one for the xLNB (ie the newer LNB)
Are you stating that in order for the Shaw upgrade to work, you also need a tri LNB in order to get satellite tv? I’m getting yes’s and no’s from both here, and Winegard. This is so frustrating!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
@Travelling5th There are specific channel maps for each type of LNB. The receiver must have the correct map to match the type of LNB installed. If you have an older LNB you will not be able to get the G1 signals regardless of whether you are within the G1 footprint. With the xLNB the newer LNB) you will be able to get all (subscribed) channels from all the satellites assuming you are within the G1 footprint.

You mention Winegard, that adds another factor. There is an upgrade that is required to the Winegard hardware to make ensure the antenna locks in. I am not sure what type of LNB is employed on the Winegard but as above your receiver will require the correct channel map to get all your signals. Your starting point would be to ensure you have the Winegard hardware fix. Then you can deal with the LNB/channel map issue.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts