Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently learned that Banjo-Kazooie 1 & 2 are available for sale as digital downloads on the Xbox Live store and I have a few questions:

1. I have never had an Xbox Live account so I'm wondering what the easiest way to purchase these games is? I assume I obviously have to create an account but do I then need to purchase Xbox Live Gold to make the purchase as well?

2. Do I need to maintain Xbox Live Gold status to be able to play these games after purchasing them? I have no desire or intention to play anything online on this platform as these will be just for offline use.

3. Can I make the purchase through an Xbox 360 console?

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance and advice.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Ok, looking at things here... There are actually TWO releases for this.
A) The game for the 360
B) The Rare Replay version, still a 360 game per say, but its enhanced graphics. This version is ONLY for the xbox One it appears

But to answer the questions otherwise
1) You just need to have a microsoft account to be able to buy the games. add money or a card onto the account, buy the game, etc.
2) the only time you need to do this, is if its considered a 'games with gold' game. Pretty much a game you can only play if you have an xbox live gold subscription
3) Through the store on there, yes.

I have actually started using on my xbox one, their new "GAME PASS" service.
Much like the games with gold above, if I dont keep the subscription up, i loose access to the games.
But its 11.99/m, but gives access to THOUSANDS of games. 360 ones as well as tons of AAA titles (not the NEWEST releases, but ones even a few months old). Games that used still go for a good $50, I can play and beat in under a month, so really the only paying $12 for it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts