Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Really? Every store I was at during the holiday season had Xbox consoles available.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Looks at the NPD numbers, look like they did pretty darn well.
This gaming gen is definitely strange, seems these consoles are selling more with age.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I noticed Costco by my house was sold out before christmas

·
Registered
200 Posts
the better the kinect sales the less and less exclusive core games for the 360. Its already showing..i dont think you guys should be proud of that. 360 is turning into a casual system I just can't see how Kinect will do anything to make gaming better for me.
With no controls other than move your whole arms & legs round, I don't see how this can be used to play the games I like to play.

But the thing is, I'm not the audiance that MS is after now. Because jumping round is what kids like to do, and thats why this product is focusing on familys.
Great for MS who want to get more sales, but I'm not sure what it is that the 360 fan boys keep getting excited about, because it means there will be less focus on the games they like to play.

Most they can hope for now is that they may get one or two high profile exclusives and the standard spread of multiplats. Because thats all I'm seeing these days. .

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I'm 28, far from a kid, my friends age from mid 20's to early 30's,

I have a lot of partys at my house, and Kinect gets turned on everytime, and everybody loves it, its great time after a few drinks,

its like Rockband, something fun and more interactive, great for a group of people, can't say I play a lot by myself, usually after a 4 hour pull of CoD and I'm starting to feel like a sloth, I'll throw a game on for 20 minutes or so,

but tell me more how great PS3 is and how much Xbox sucks, and their is a huge difference in expanding your market and changing it

what needs to happen is a company needs to get a PS Move style control with a kinect style camera together to make a game,

Wii, Kinect and Move are just the first steps in the evolution of gaming,
all 3 were needed, I imagine xbox went with kinect to get a piece of Wii's market, its pretty much at a stalemate with PS3, they wanted to expand their market share,

I believe Kinect will steal more Sales from Wii than PS Move will,even though Move uses a controller like Wii, I think Kinect is more appealing to the Wii crowd, its simple and fun,
some people are too cool for simple and fun, I like it

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
the better the kinect sales the less and less exclusive core games for the 360. Its already showing..i dont think you guys should be proud of that. 360 is turning into a casual system I just can't see how Kinect will do anything to make gaming better for me.
With no controls other than move your whole arms & legs round, I don't see how this can be used to play the games I like to play.
I hear this a lot and did wonder how they could make a complex game work for the kinect. It would be simple however, all MS has to do is make a small single hand controller like the wii nunchuck, there is nothing preventing the use of a controller along with the kinect motion and voice recognition features.

As for sales... I couldn't believe the kinect sensors were so rare in all edmonton area through december. (A whole boat load of empty promo boxes though :rolleyes: )Finally found one in a gamestop out in the boonies. Few kinect bundles around either.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I hear this a lot and did wonder how they could make a complex game work for the kinect. It would be simple however, all MS has to do is make a small single hand controller like the wii nunchuck, there is nothing preventing the use of a controller along with the kinect motion and voice recognition features.

As for sales... I couldn't believe the kinect sensors were so rare in all edmonton area through december. (A whole boat load of empty promo boxes though :rolleyes: )Finally found one in a gamestop out in the boonies. Few kinect bundles around either.
There was no shortage of Kinect around here during Christmas and boxing week. Similar with the Kinect bundle. The 4GB was harder to come by though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts