Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
It doesn't hurt to call back after the initial install to make sure the xbox promotion has been correctly added onto the account.

·
Registered
106 Posts
As a new customer to telus, along with a credit check for the ttv, we need to confirm the client has a CC to qualify for the Xbox or EasyPc promotion. A reason someone else may get it without that qualifying piece of credit criteria could be they already have established credit with telus, therefore their risk is lower and we need less recourse to go through with providing the promotion.

Credit cards are so easy to get, though. $30 bucks for a reloadable titanium visa at Money Mart.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
:( I hate hearing stuff like that.

You're right. It should have been mentioned to you sooner. 12 weeks is a long time to wait to be told no. Credit Card info isn't always needed on established accounts, so I can sorta see how another agent may have missed it.... I know it seems unfair your daughter got it and you didnt. Sounds like your daughter had an established account with us already.:confused: That's the only legit reason I could think of them not asking for CC or doing a credit check.

At least they didnt tell you you can't get it at all, just that you need to provide a CC number to fill their prerequisite. Hypothetically speaking, if you had a CC and they didnt take down the information, they'd have to add the info and resubmit the request. And that means another 4-6 week wait. /facepalm

Andsoitgoes, did your instal already occur? If so, it's too late and you have to wait for delivery. If not, call in so they can change the order.

Theres no rule that says you cant get it installed as a STB and then remove it from the tv account after instal. Typically, they do charge an extra 50.00 for each additional box installed after the first two, which are installed for free. But right now they are waiving all additional instal fees on provide orders.:cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.