Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is it wrong that I sort of wish I'd have said "Yes, I want to set it up as a STB?"

I AM using a 360 for a STB, just not the one supplied by Telus. My old POS Xbox is going to be used for that.

Just wondering if there's any way I could maybe give Telus a ring back and say "Hey... I want to set up my 360..."

Thoughts?

Also - there is a 3 - 4 week period from the install DATE that you have your service installed. Not from the date of signup.

I can appreciate this, because if they shipped it out at the time of setup on the phone, you could get your 360 and then skip out on the install.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The tech stopped by today and hooked me up with a 360.

From now on, no matter what, tell them you plan on using it as a STB.

Logically you could simply just tell them you don't want ot use it as a STB, or you changed your mind.

Can't understand why that wouldn't work.

It did for me :) I'm currently up and running with my brand new small, quiet, beautiful 360s :D

Which makes my old 360 seem like a bloated pile of garbage.

I STILL get peeved that I have to pay Telus $5/month to use a 360 for a STB. It's MY 360 dernit. Licensing schmicensing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.