Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, newbie to this forum but have been scouring it for the last month or so trying to research Telus Optik.

I took the plunge, and ordered Optik just over 3 weeks ago. Today is my install (hopefully in the next hour), and I was wondering about the delivery of the XBOX 360 that I am to get as part of my package. I have not received it via delivery service, which is the impression I was under when I ordered. Can anyone tell me if the service tech. is actually to be delivering it when he comes? What happens to my install if there is no XBOX 360 at time of install, and it is delivered next week or beyond? Am I worried over nothing?

Thanks guys....your time and info is appreciated!

DC

·
Banned
548 Posts
If you intended to use the X-box as an STB for your Optik service then the tech will definately bring it.

When they are going to be used as STBs they aren't shipped to the customer, they are delivered onsite by the tech at installation, along with the other items required to use an X-box as an STB. These are the accessory cable connection package from Microsoft, the X-box universal remote controller, and the Optik software upgrade disk. This is because it takes 4 -6 weeks to deliver one to the customer if they aren't using it as an STB, so they are always brought by the tech if they're part of the installation of your Optik STBs.

You will need an X-box live account setup before the tech can install the X-box as an STB so be prepared to set this up when the tech is there, this is something the customer MUST do themselves. You need an e-mail address and your personal info and thats about it, the rest are personal choices that you make to set up your X-box live profile. Don't worry, if the tech doesn't arrive with an X-box because they didn't see it on the order, they can go back and get one. Its happened to me before, usually on Mondays. :)

Hope this helps.

- another TELUS tech

·
Registered
106 Posts
It doesn't hurt to call back after the initial install to make sure the xbox promotion has been correctly added onto the account.

·
Registered
3 Posts
x-box not delivered

I posted information today on this forum on just this subject .. more a warning. I ordered the full package tv/high speed/phone 12 weeks ago, and never received X-box. I called Telus yesterday and was told that I don't qualify for this promotion as I didn't give a credit card number. I had already called them Christmas time and New Year, and been assured they were running behind and it would be delivered. No mention of credit card.

Big argument ensued, particularly as my daughter received her X-box 6 weeks after order and she didn't have a credit card either. Check with Telus that you qualify .. they never told me anything until I started to query

·
Registered
106 Posts
As a new customer to telus, along with a credit check for the ttv, we need to confirm the client has a CC to qualify for the Xbox or EasyPc promotion. A reason someone else may get it without that qualifying piece of credit criteria could be they already have established credit with telus, therefore their risk is lower and we need less recourse to go through with providing the promotion.

Credit cards are so easy to get, though. $30 bucks for a reloadable titanium visa at Money Mart.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
x box not delivered

X Kat X thank you for your reply. My argument is I was never asked for a credit card number ... 12 weeks later I am informed this is a requirement - suppose I had a credit card and it hadn't been noted? 12 weeks and not one person notified me of this??

Plus, my daughter had no credit whatsoever with Telus, in fact, she has a bad credit history, so certainly no checks were made.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is it wrong that I sort of wish I'd have said "Yes, I want to set it up as a STB?"

I AM using a 360 for a STB, just not the one supplied by Telus. My old POS Xbox is going to be used for that.

Just wondering if there's any way I could maybe give Telus a ring back and say "Hey... I want to set up my 360..."

Thoughts?

Also - there is a 3 - 4 week period from the install DATE that you have your service installed. Not from the date of signup.

I can appreciate this, because if they shipped it out at the time of setup on the phone, you could get your 360 and then skip out on the install.

·
Registered
106 Posts
:( I hate hearing stuff like that.

You're right. It should have been mentioned to you sooner. 12 weeks is a long time to wait to be told no. Credit Card info isn't always needed on established accounts, so I can sorta see how another agent may have missed it.... I know it seems unfair your daughter got it and you didnt. Sounds like your daughter had an established account with us already.:confused: That's the only legit reason I could think of them not asking for CC or doing a credit check.

At least they didnt tell you you can't get it at all, just that you need to provide a CC number to fill their prerequisite. Hypothetically speaking, if you had a CC and they didnt take down the information, they'd have to add the info and resubmit the request. And that means another 4-6 week wait. /facepalm

Andsoitgoes, did your instal already occur? If so, it's too late and you have to wait for delivery. If not, call in so they can change the order.

Theres no rule that says you cant get it installed as a STB and then remove it from the tv account after instal. Typically, they do charge an extra 50.00 for each additional box installed after the first two, which are installed for free. But right now they are waiving all additional instal fees on provide orders.:cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
No my daughter never had an account with Telus ... we both checked out the cable companies when we arrived in BC at the same time and chose Telus, and both of us had established accounts with Rogers in Ontario for over 4 years .. my credit is perfect, and there is absolutely no reason for needing a credit card. I am certainly not prepared to pay $30 to buy a credit card, which I don't believe in, just to satisfy something that wasn't advertised and wasn't told to me at the onset.

Anyway, I am writing to Customer Service today, putting my side on the issue and see what more they can do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A word of warning to anyone looking into the Optik Xbox 360 deal Telus is offering, based on my own horrible and ongoing experience with Telus.

When I ordered the Optik promotion back in December (with installation at the start of January), I was given the 4-6 week shipping time for my Xbox 360 to arrive. I waited until the end of January, then phoned to find out the status on my order and was told that it had been shipped out. After another two weeks of waiting (it has been six weeks at this point), I phoned back again and was told, again, by a customer service agent that my 360 had indeed been shipped out, and I'll receive it in the next two weeks. Finally, I thought! But no, two weeks pass and once again I am on my phone friday night talking to an agent who tells me I'll absolutely have my 360 by the end of next week.

I've now been waiting 9 weeks for even a glimmer of hope that I'll actually receive my Xbox 360 from Telus. I was immediately forwarded tonight in my latest call to a number for Q Media, whom I'm supposed to communicate with now in order to get my 360 (why I'm being shoved off on another firm, I have no idea). They're apparently over 2000 orders behind on shipping the 360s out to customers, are waiting on more stock to arrive and unable to give a timeline on that, and then it will be an additional 2-3 weeks once stock arrives for them to ship out the 360s.

My Xbox 360 hasn't even been shipped yet, I've been repeatedly and continuously lied to by Telus representatives when trying to follow-up on this issue, and I *might* get my Xbox 360 by the end of March after ordering in December.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The tech stopped by today and hooked me up with a 360.

From now on, no matter what, tell them you plan on using it as a STB.

Logically you could simply just tell them you don't want ot use it as a STB, or you changed your mind.

Can't understand why that wouldn't work.

It did for me :) I'm currently up and running with my brand new small, quiet, beautiful 360s :D

Which makes my old 360 seem like a bloated pile of garbage.

I STILL get peeved that I have to pay Telus $5/month to use a 360 for a STB. It's MY 360 dernit. Licensing schmicensing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I m on the same boat.

3 weeks after installation, I called about status of the xbox 360. The rep said it's gonna take 2-4 weeks and said that it should be at my house in 2 days. Another week gone by still no xbox.

I m mad.:mad:

If it's not here in this coming week, i m gonna call and say that they violated the contract and that their 2 year term no longer applies since they didn't deliver what is supposed to deliver.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts