Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Xbox 360 Elite 120 gig fried on me last week and i have a bestbuy warranty and my Microsoft warranty ran out already , so my 360 elite overheated 2 times, the first time the 2 red rings came on i just restarted it then the second time i touched it and she was cooking i could not even touch it it was that hot, so i left it alone till the morning then i decided to take it to bestbuy and let them worrie about it , so i unhook all the cables then i get to the HDMI cord and find out my HDMI end it Melted in the HDMI port , i try and take it out and i did not force it out i just left it after i put some pressure on it and so i take it all to bestbuy and the woman unboxs it and she see's the HDMI thing melted into the 360 :( and i told her what happend and she told me she thinks they will not fix it witch i dono much about this stuff and how they work things out all i know is if it cost more to fix this then what a new system cost they will replace it with a brand new 360 slim 250 gig witch the woman told me , do you guys think they will be giving me a new 360 or will they be fixing my old one :(? i payed a little under 100 dollars for a 3 year warranty plan, regardless what happens i hope they will replace my old one for a Brand new one but if they dont i dont feel safe with my old one just cause it coulda started a fire and i cant afford to burn my home down , i really hope they will replace it , if any one can help me with any ideas on what they might do that would be great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have there warranty what i am wondering if it will cost bestbuy more money to fix my old 360 or will they Give me a brand new 360 slim .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know they send it out to be fixed its that when i ask them they give me no answer , all they told me today is they have to wait till it comes back from the repair place witch its on its way back right now , they told me there will be a letter telling them to replace the system for me or it will be fixed one or the other, but i dont understand why they cant phone this repair place and ask all they have to do is give them some bar code or some kind of confirm number and they could bring it up its so stupid , i live in one part of the city now in a day or two i gota drive all the way back :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i just got off the phone with my friend and he told me how my HDMI cord was melted into the 360 HDMI output they would have to replace the whole Motherboard to fix the problem hopefully they will give me a brand new one

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
That much heat would have stressed every component in the system, thus shortening its life. I would demand a new unit. Play the "life safety" card if you havevto.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts