Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the new S model is up for pre order. I'm glad I waited to buy as this might be enough to convince me especially with the UHD-BD player built in.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On second thought it appears that there is no proper bitstream option & since Dolby Atmos & DTS X are the future of sound formats. I'm still going to have to have a stand alone player. I'll have to see what the PS4 Neo offers.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Xbox just needs to enable straight up passthrough and let the receivers do the heavy lifting. Especially if they don't include all audio formats.
Just say no mixed audio during passthrough, it's that simple. Mixed audio is only useful for music and games anyway and snapped music sucks.

The S doesn't have me overly excited, had MS came through with more features better media interfaces, plus my youtube subscriptions, netflix etc in the one guide I would get another for my living room. Until then I'm sticking with Android TV.

Scorpio on the other hand has me very intrigued. I see one in my future. Wife will be happy too, I've high jacked my gaming PC and put it in my media room, and made my Alpha the main house desktop PC.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
About a month ago or so there was a thread on Reddit about this very thing. Major Nelson was going to bring it up to Xbox engineering. I haven't heard what ever happened to that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts