Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Currently I have my Sony STRDG910 receiver outputting vid & audio to my Samsung plasma through HDMI. I'm thinking of using the media player in the plasma to play mkv files via external harddrive but would want the audio going through the Sony.

If I did digital optical out from the tv to vid 1 digital optical input while still having the hdmi output back to the tv would that cause any issues or damage?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The media player is a built in feature of the tv itself which is capable of playing avi, mkv, mp4, asf...etc. I would simply load the video on a usb or HD and plug it into the usb interface on the tv.

I was just concerned about any looping issues because the receiver is connected to the tv through the hdmi output.

So if audio was sent out of the tv to vid1 of the receiver via digital optical (soley for the media player) and the receiver is doing hdmi out to the tv (for stb, ps3..etc) would there be any conflict.

I just learned about this feature of the tv so I was wondering if it would work with my current set up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts