Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods, I posted this separately from the main thread on the SARA 1.92.15.2 for 8300HD because it is more of a philosophical question. If you want to move it into the main thread you are more than welcome to.

Ok, so many people are complaining of lags, issues with eHDDs and constant on/offs of the iHDD. So one has to wonder, would Rogers consider not rolling out the 1.92.15.2 firmware to customers and instead, patch the issues to the current customers first before completing a widespread roll out...??? Thus far, none of my 3x 8300HDs (two rented, one owned) have taken the update...

·
Super Moderator
56,560 Posts
I believe the answer is "it depends". If the problems were serious and affected a major percentage of users, then yes, I believe they would stop the rollout. However, I suspect that there are a few glitches (I know that the people affected don't feel that way) and that Rogers will continue with the rollout. Please let's just discuss the philosophical question here and discuss the firmware/issues in the other thread.

We've read about a lot of firmware issues in this forum - BTV (IR sensitivity), Shaw Direct (DVI/HDMI issues with repeaters), Videotron (some eHDD issues), Shaw (eHDD Full) etc. In most cases, the firmware rollout continues and the "fixes" are added in the subsequent weeks/months as patches....

Shaw Direct did not ever "fix" the DVI/HDMI repeater issue on the 530.

One only needs to read the previous firmware threads to see that there are always some people who are affected negatively.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts