Discussion Starter #1
India vs Sri Lanka
55.5 deg W
Intelsat 805 C-BAND
3738 H 3319

·
Registered
928 Posts
It would probably be best not to post this type of info out in the open.

·
Banned
1,190 Posts
I agree that it's generally not a good idea to post feeds in an open forum that can be indexed by search engines. I will try to see if it's possible to have a private sub-forum created to post feeds where you would have to be logged in to read and make posts.

With this being said, we are not trying to discourage you from posting in this forum and still appreciate you posting this information. The issue is that some feeds which were posted in the open on other discussion forums sometimes get scrambled so that is why it is best to keep feed information as private as possible.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Makes no difference. The information isn't secret. If neither the NFL nor the MLB aren't concerned about encrypting backhauls then I suspect that no one else is, either. Especially when it comes to an event that is temporary.

Back in the day, Orbit and SEG would publish locations and times for recurring strip, backhauls and wildfeeds. It's the best part of the hobby. Not sharing it because of imagined encryption police is a shame.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I knew I should have bought that "C" Band LNBF last week......lol

·
Registered
928 Posts
Feeds posted online have caused many to go, it has been proven many times over and over again.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Except that there are a slew of specialty channels ITC that everyone knows about and everyone watches and everyone tells everyone else about that are ITC.

The fun of the hobby is that you find neat stuff one day that could be gone the next.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Feeds posted online have caused many to go, it has been proven many times over and over again.
I'm sorry, I really don't wanna argue, but...
Paranoid over reaction.
Anyone who actually believes that bdu's etc. have no idea if something is encrypted or plaintext at any instant in time is misinformed in my book. If something is clear that's normally encrypted, it's typically only for a short time to allow for maintenance, etc. for some of the cable co's on the destination end and what not (i.e. receiver swapouts at headend, etc.) Even with a lil benefit of the doubt, would always be caught sooner or later anyhow if it was truly not meant to be clear for all. Nothing you, I or the next guy says or doesn't say will ever change that.

As for special events, just like Krydor's sayin, it's fun to find em, and it's just as much fun sharing the finds...There are no secrets in my book..
regardless, all off-topic anyhow, subject is closed far as I'm concerned.
The event is over, Congrats to India:)

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
How many people even have a BUD to pick up that signal? I'd love to have a BUD but don't have the room in my mississauga homes yard.. plus I think there is a by-law against BUD's in Mississauga these days.

·
Banned
1,190 Posts
I just checked on Mississauga's bylaws website http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/cityhall/bylaws and "Property Standards" is the only bylaw I found that would cover satellite dishes or other types of antennas.

Code:
27. TELEVISION AND RADIO ANTENNAE

Television antennae and other similar structures must be securely anchored and maintained in a safe and good condition.

Nothing for "satellite" or "dish" so I guess the above would apply to satellite dishes as well. No size restrictions so feel free to install a C-Band dish if you want!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts