Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, my second pair of IPOD headphone have busted, so I was wondering if someone could recommend a good pair of earbuds for working out. Since my IPOD earbuds broke, I am using a pair of Sony earbuds with over ear clips, and I find the sound quality to be horrible. I run 3 miles a day and and I need something that is sweat resistant, and will stay in my ear.

any recommendations would be great!

Rob

·
Super Moderator
11,121 Posts
Have you seen the ones with a lanyard? I have a set that came with my MP3 player. The lanyard goes around your neck and the earbuds have cord only about 6 inches long. Not sure if they will hold up to sweat but the tension is in the lanyard not the cord.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I got a pair of these only bad part is they take one AA batteries if you want it to start vibrating your brain(they still work without the AA batteries but it takes away from the experience) as you listen, i find them comfortable(even though they have a strange design) and with good SQ. ;)
I blew my ipod earbuds also :rolleyes:

·
Registered
684 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
iPod earphones

The biggest problem I had using my iPod in a gym was the high level of ambient noise - they set their speakers (and TV) so high, I can't hear my own music unless I crank it way up. So, I bought some Shure e3C earphones - about C$200, but fantastic sound quality, and you can get them with integrated earplugs. When the plugs are in, you block out almost all ambient noise. Also, they stay in pretty well when jogging, and are very light.

You can buy these from various people on eBay - suggest you find a Canadian supplier, otherwise you'll get dinged on brokerage. I wasn't able to find these at bestbuy or futureshop.

·
Registered
380 Posts
markcharm said:
The biggest problem I had using my iPod in a gym was the high level of ambient noise - they set their speakers (and TV) so high, I can't hear my own music unless I crank it way up. So, I bought some Shure e3C earphones - about C$200, but fantastic sound quality, and you can get them with integrated earplugs. When the plugs are in, you block out almost all ambient noise. Also, they stay in pretty well when jogging, and are very light.

You can buy these from various people on eBay - suggest you find a Canadian supplier, otherwise you'll get dinged on brokerage. I wasn't able to find these at bestbuy or futureshop.

I am getting a pair of these soon. Next payday. From what I've researched they are considered one of the best earphones. Pro style gear for music lovers, ya can't beat 'em. I'm back to commuting by mass transit and today I had to endure Beavis and Butthead playing their ringtones on their cells and sniggering 'heh, heh, heh,' all the way home... arrrggggghhh!!!!

I need these bad, man! $200 will be worth it.

·
Registered
801 Posts
You know, Apple also has another set of headphones to consider and are similar to the ones metioned here in that they too are "in-ear". The difference is that they are only about $70. I use them myself and find them a vast improvement over the basic set. These might get you 90% of what you are looking for at less than 50% of the cost. Something to consider.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts