Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Only pointing it out because broadcasters normally don't do ANY work on Weekends, let alone a holiday weekend, so when something goes out on a friday night, can expect it to not come back until monday at the earliest. Kinda doubt anyone is actually working there.,

·
Registered
237 Posts
my new hdhomerun atsc 3 4k reciever arrived today hooked it up and download the channels channels 2 , 4 , 7 , 29 ,and 49 are much more crisp looking and about to watch the final 4 basketball in 4 k all the colours are way brighter.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
From what I see in the spectrum, the ATSC3 signal from Buffalo is still down, so I think he is looking at the ATSC 1 signal today.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The ATSC 3.0 broadcast on RF16 has been silent since April 2nd at 8pm.

·
Registered
15 Posts
my new hdhomerun atsc 3 4k reciever arrived today hooked it up and download the channels channels 2 , 4 , 7 , 29 ,and 49 are much more crisp looking and about to watch the final 4 basketball in 4 k all the colours are way brighter.
What was airing on the ATSC 3.0 lighthouse was still HD. So far the only ATSC 3.0 station broadcasting 4K content is a paid OTA service called evoca tv in Boise, Idaho. The device that your were watching the feed from your HDHomerun on probably enhanced the colors.

·
Registered
237 Posts
there back the atsc 3 channels are back up and running and they are numbered 102-1 , 104-1 , 107-1, 129-1 , and 149-1 . every now and than 2 and 4 sound will stop for a second or 2 and than start back up. picture is about 10 times clearer than regular hd version

·
Registered
75 Posts
there back the atsc 3 channels are back up and running and they are numbered 102-1 , 104-1 , 107-1, 129-1 , and 149-1 . every now and than 2 and 4 sound will stop for a second or 2 and than start back up. picture is about 10 times clearer than regular hd version
How =can you get the numbers that high? and what area are you referring too?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Because that is how the ATSC3 system is remapping the channels.

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
folcan99, yes a different tuner for ATSC 3.0/NextGen TV. It's a completely different technology from ATSC 1.0

Here's a complete straight forward read on ATSC 3.0>>>

Lol, i know all about 3.0, i was wondering if those particular channels mentioned would be viewable now without the 3.0 but i guess not and i dont think that there are really any tuners with 3.0 available at this moment.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Yes, they are all viewable in their regular ATSC 1.0 locations.
In addition, in return for WNYO carrying their main programs in atsc3, the other main networks each carry one
of wnyo's subchannels on their atsc1 transmissions. Since WNYO no longer has a atsc1 transmission.

·
Registered
23 Posts
folcan99 I guess if you really knew all about ATSC 3.0 you would know that Silicon Dust's HDHomerun 4k tuner has been out for several months already, which has two ATSC 1.0 tuners and two ATSC 3.0 tuners :)

You say you know all about ATSC 3.0 but you weren't clear in what you meant about having a 3.0 tuner to view those channels.

·
Registered
237 Posts
those numbers are that high because that's what hdhomerun receiver has assigned them to. i f you use a company receiver they could use a different system to adentify the atsc 3 channels. you can buy the hdhomerun 4k receiver on amazon usa for $199 us dollars if your looking for the receiver, thats where i bought the receiver from and it arrived to my place in 8 days here in ontario canada

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was actually looking for a tuner that has an HDMI so i can connect it to my TV. If i purchase the HDHomerun box, how can i view it on my TV.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was actually looking for a tuner that has an HDMI so i can connect it to my TV. If i purchase the HDHomerun box, how can i view it on my TV.
If you have a smart TV, you can use the HDHomerun app.

So far, only the Zapperbox uses HDMI and it’s not fully available yet.

·
Registered
237 Posts
the app is available on most android devices threw google play store and is in the fire stick which i use. once you set up the hdhomerun threw the internet the app will recognize the hdhomerun device and let you watch you the hdhomerun app is also available in the windows store channels that the hdhomerun has scanned. some tv such as lg has the hdhomerun app in there store. also on xbox one device just make sure the device you are using is a 4k device to get the full affect of the device

·
Registered
84 Posts
Does anybody see a difference in signal reception between ATSC 1.0 vs 3.0?

Are you getting higher/better signal levels on your TV/receiver with the 3.0 signal?

Supposedly, 3.0 is less prone to interference/easier to receive.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you have a smart TV, you can use the HDHomerun app.

So far, only the Zapperbox uses HDMI and it’s not fully available yet.
Thanks for the info. I think i'll wait for the boxes to come out since 1.0 is still widely available. Will be some time before 3.0 is fully effective.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts