Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one has me stumped.

I have big bang theory set to record (CTV), and its worked fine since I upgraded to 7.
All of a sudden, it says 'no signal, unable to record' (or something along those lines.

I'm using an HDHR - every other channel works.

The puzzling part is that I can view the channel just fine, with great signal level, using the HDHR config/quick TV utility.
And WMC even says great signal level when I do a signal level check - it just refuses to play live or record the video stream..

·
Registered
469 Posts
Edit the channel to see if the tuner is set as the source. From Guide right click on channel ID > edit channel > edit source.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same problem here...

I am having the exact same problem all of a sudden. Sorry, I can't help you, but at least you know you are not alone.

CTV (CFTO) worked fine a few days ago.

By the way, neither 40.1 or 40.4 works in WMC. I tried both channels in Easy HDTV DVR and they work fine. Something is up with WMC!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad to hear I'm not alone.
I think things just got worse - now it just says
'searching for tuners'
or
'no tuners available to display' (or similar)

I didn't change any settings or anything since my last post.

I did do some windows updates earlier today.
So, if anyone that's reading this uses WMC, I'd hold off on any windows updates just in case thats what caused this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm using a HVR-950 and I am not getting the tuners error, but I am still getting the "Service is unavailable" error.

If there are other WMC7 users out there, can you please try CFTO and see if you can watch live?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, service is unavailable was my other error. Thanks for the wording :p

Did you do any windows updates recently?

Update: did a system restore to before today's updates - all channels work again, except for CFTO.

·
Registered
469 Posts
About Windows update.
I did some update today on one of the system and was getting blue screen 2 or 3 time after. I restored image backup earlyer tonight. I had also installed other software so I am not sure if it is related to today's windows update. I haven't reinstalled windows updates yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No, I have updates turned off. The last time CFTO worked for sure was Tuesday when it recorded 2 1/2 men. Now it's down.

I am pretty positive there is something up with the CTV (CFTO) broadcast. It is strange that other programs work. Maybe it's win7's aggressive TVPack DRM causing the problem.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I declined win7's DRM during setup.
Unless that's the reason..

I have a CTV recording from yesterday, so it's only begun today if it is on their end.

Oh well, not much I can do about it tonight. Already missed my recording :p
Off to bed, and if I'm lucky it will have fixed itself tomorrow (fingers crossed?)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Okay, so I think I found the problem. The TSID in the PAT PID is 17315, but in the VCT it is 1. WMC does not work when there are mismatched TSID's in a stream. CFTO had this problem in the past.

If anyone has a contact at CFTO, it would be nice to let them know so they could fix it.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Got an email back, they're looking into it. Good team over there who have always been willing to work with us.

Pete

·
Registered
704 Posts
CFTO has set the TSID back to 1. Can anyone test to confirm if it's working now on Media Center? I'm at the office now.

Pete

·
Registered
8 Posts
yep, works now. That was fast. I wish all companies had such quick service.

Now, the next question is, does anyone know of a patch that can make WMC play mismatched TSID feeds?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts