Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,620 Posts
This device appears to be using bluetooth or wifi so it is highly unlikely that the receiver is picking up wireless hum. I wouldn't rule out noise from the audio source. The hum could because the RCA cable is defective or has a bad ground contact. Another thing to check is the audio output level of the connected source device on the transmitter end. If it's line level, then the volume should typically be fixed at full volume. If it's an amplified output, that could be the issue as sound levels can be quite low for speaker outputs and noise levels can be relatively high. The other thing I would do is set the transmitter level to maximum. Low levels at the audio source or transmitter end would lead to overly high settings at the receiving end and over-amplification of any noise in the source audio. If possible, I would use an optical audio cable instead of RCA.

Another possible source of hum are power adapters. That's especially true if they are transformer models. 60Hz hum could be due to poor filtering in the adapter or the device. Switching power supplies are unlikely to create 60Hz hum. Small 'wall wart' power adapters are unlikely to cause ground loop issues as they typically have ground loop isolation built in.

·
Registered
10,620 Posts
That amp has an OK but not very good SNR of 91dB as well. While that shouldn't be a big issue it might be audible if the gain is turned up very high. Again, that could be a result of low input levels caused by low volume settings on the components feeding it. The cure could be to turn levels up on those units and down on the amp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts