Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Does anyone know how I can get bell satellite on the basement tv for the kids, without running any wires?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Sling Box, or try a product by Brite View, Air SynchHD, I just got one of their Units, fantastic, it sends full 1080p from my Blu Ray to a remote TV, if you have a Bell receiver with an HDMI output it will work just great.

·
Registered
292 Posts
That will allow him to transmit what's on an existing t.v, not have a receiver in the basement?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The OP never said he wanted a Receiver in the basement, he wants "bell satellite on the basement tv for the kids", big difference.

·
Registered
292 Posts
the title is "wireless satellite" had it been "wireless t.v." or retransmitting bell wirelessly well......
the quality of the question will directly effect the quality of the answer!
I seem to rub you the wrong way pinza....what's the deal?

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
It doesn't have to be the same receiver, it can be another receiver where you can run coax to.

The bottom line is the raw satellite signal between the dish and receiver cannot be wireless at all really. Only tuned A/V signals from a receiver can be wirelessly transmitted.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I agree you can only guess sometime what the OP is actually asking, in this case I guessed he wanted to watch TV in the basement with no receiver down there fed by a coax, you guessed the opposite. All we can do now is wait for the OP to reappear and let us both know the real question.....lol

·
Registered
556 Posts
Sling Box, or try a product by Brite View, Air SynchHD, I just got one of their Units, fantastic, it sends full 1080p from my Blu Ray to a remote TV, if you have a Bell receiver with an HDMI output it will work just great.
Love my Brite View, Air SynchHD... It has changed my life :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry guys! I was wondering about satellite signal in the basement without an additional receiver. It does not look like this is possible?? I want the capability of watching different channels in the basement too. Not asking for much am I??

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Stil possible as I said, with a Receiver elsewhere, then use the AirSynch HD to sedn the output to the basement.

If you have a Dual Tuner receiver you could feed the TV located at the receiver with the TV2 output and send TV1's HDMI to the basement with the same device.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ok, you wrote 2 things:

1. Wireless satellite. no wires, etc.

2. Watching different channels in the basement, no additional receiver.

So first of all, if you do not go for wires, then of course wireless is the only choice. There are different types of video senders / receivers (pair) that you can get / buy. Quality, range, compatibility, all different. I won't entertain the details on such a brief and short request though. But it's doable. There has been thread(s) there and here, and I have answered at least one of them in the past.

As for the different channels, it depends. Do you need to change the channel while in the basement directly? Or the changing of the channel can be made at the location of the receiver? If you need control at the basement TV location, then you either need a receiver that has an RF capable remote (such as 9242), that can work in another room (but I can't guarantee the range though). Or else you need an infrared remote control extender, which is a sender / receiver pair that re-send the infrared signal back to the receiver location so you can command the channel changing.

Both of these technologies exist for a long time, separate to and independent of satellite TV. Same answer would have been given if this is asked about cable TV box, a VCR etc.

When you said "additional receiver", I take it that you meant satellite receiver, as a TV sender / receiver pair, there is still a receive required to receive the video signal back to the TV. An exception is some TV sender that actually outputs on OTA channels, but those quality is not very good though (I actually bought and own one of those).

Sometimes if you can put more details out what exactly you want to do, you are helping us helping you. A short inquiry like this with ambiguous wording can only make us guess. You thought this is not that hard, well, it's not, but then we aren't too sure what you want, so the hard part is actually to decipher what you actually were asking or intending to do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe that tknull was asking this: ( I also have the same question).

If I have a satellite reciever in one room of the house ( say living room). Can I wirelessly send the satellite channels to another tv in another room (ie bedroom or basement). If so how do I achieve this? And can I change channels in location 2 (bedroom or basement)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
See my answer in post #11, that will get the signals to a second TV wirelessly.

As for changing Channels, well if the Receiver has UHF or UHF PRO remote, sure why not.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
A Remote Extender would work if the Remote is IR. It takes the IR signal, sends it via UHF and at the other end converts it back to IR.......

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The Company is Brite View.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I would like to further discuss the Air SyncHD and similar devices but I feel this is not the right forum to... so I don't mind if this post gets moved to the right place ;)

Pinza, did you get your unit directly from the brite-View site?

I wish the receiver was a portable tv screen though... does anyone know if such a device exists? That would be great to watch live tv on the patio!

Thanks.

cheers

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Yes mine came from the website and I have no issues watching live TV while in the Hot Tub, thanks to the Brite View, so a Patio should be just as easy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts