Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to have coax and gigabit fished to the third floor of my house. Any recommendations for a Toronto based company that does wire fishing?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Any electrical contractor can do this. If you know an electrician they might do cheaper or for a few beers. Some AV stores that specialize in HT installations would likely be able to do it as well. I would be interested but it's a little too far to drive.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had one independant installer come out to give an estimate which I accepted and set a date - never heard from him again. I don't care how busy any contractor is, I don't chase people to give them my business.

I then contacted an audio shop in town but they only allowed their in store Guy to work on installs where the customer was purchasing something from the store.

Asked a Roger's cable repair tech that was at the house if he knew anyone - he didn't.

Got my electrician to do it - I probably paid more for the job but they showed when they said they would and the fishing job was beyond my skills.

Some fishing work is straightforward and easy some is definately not a job for someone unskilled in the "art" of cable fishing.

When I hear how tought things are all over economically I just think it's not quite as widespread as the news proports - the trades don't seem to have suffered at all. My experience over the last year of unreturned calls for all kinds of trade/tech work supports this - or they are lousy at communications and get what they deserve.

Good luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
quoted GlenG "Got my electrician to do it - I probably paid more for the job but they showed when they said they would and the fishing job was beyond my skills."

I'm curious to know what you paid for this work.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
there are definitely some fishing jobs that are beyond anyones capability. like fishing behind walls, studs, small enclosure cavities etc, sometimes this needs 2 peopel or more to do such, not a do it yourselffer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts