Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of 6 a.m. Tuesday, Winnipegs country music station Hank FM, at 100.7 on the dial, became K-Rock 100.7.

Playlist includes classic rock (Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Neil Young, and Van Halen) blues (John Lee Hooker, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Howlin’ Wolf, Muddy Waters, and Eric Clapton) and somewher in between (Bob Dylan, Pete Seeger, Steve Earle).

But don't call it a "Classic Rock" station, the owners, Newcap broadcasting prefer "World Class Rock"

“It’s an eclectic mix that has never been heard in our great city before. It is exciting to give the listeners of Winnipeg, truly a celebration of World Class Rock” Spoke General Manager Randy Skulsky.

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
Listened to the morning show near the end this morning, I may give this station a try...

·
Registered
757 Posts
I've been looking for somewhere to voice my opinion, and just came across this thread.

I wasn't a faithful listener to Hank, so I don't miss it. I do like the format that K-rock has, but I really can't stand Bob and Tom. I've tried listening to them, and just can't keep it on for more than a few minutes. I think they're very dry, and they seem to try too hard or something.

Another thing, their names are too close to other radio personalities here in Winnipeg (ie. Tom and Joe, Bo and Tom, "Bob" FM, etc). The fact that they are a syndicated AMERICAN show really irks me. Seems very un-canadian to me... Newcap must be tight on funds or something.

Ah, I feel better now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Don't get too excited about a Classic Rock format!
Nickelback is considered Classic Rock by broadcasters and the CRTC!
Regards!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts