Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
I wonder what the average joe is going to think when he sees this Huawei for $160 and then the older Huawei for $90.. they nearly look identical, and that kind of shopper won't really know what advantage android will give them. I dunno, seems like a weird device to place in the lineup. a nice mid-level android phone around 300 mark would be nice.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Very entry level with a 528cpu its going up against the backflip,quelch and dext.... The upside is android 2.1, the down side its small with no keyboard.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Very entry level with a 528cpu its going up against the backflip,quelch and dext.... The upside is android 2.1, the down side its small with no keyboard.
don't forget to include the 2.8" 240x320 pixel screen in the down sides...

·
Registered
748 Posts
Wind is trying to compete with the other carriers offering premium phones for under $200. As much as an elite group of wireless users [us lol] might advise otherwise, the vast majority of North Americans are not troubled (or aware of) the connection between long-term contracts and subsidized phones; all they know is the amount they have to lay out on activation day. If all Wind (or Mobilicity) had to offer was $400-$600 phones, traffic in the stores would be very weak. But as in all things, the buyer gets what s/he pays for.

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
Word is beginning to leak that the Motorola I mentioned earlier is likely the XT720. This would be a very nice (if expensive) high-end Android phone to add to their selection.

Edit: The XT720 has apparently begun to show up in their inventory system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts