Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It was a system pop-up in the lower right corner. It said something like, 'Would you like to change your Firefox search engine to Bing' with Yes/No boxes. Don't have any more info.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Now I'm getting pop-ups to switch my search engine to Bing in non-MS browsers. I'm starting to hate MS again.
I must live in a different environment. We have a laptop that runs Win 11 22H2 Beta, a desktop that runs Win 11 Home, and an infrequently used laptop that has Win 10 Pro. All with Firefox installed and configured as the primary browser. Have not experienced and Windows cumulative updates that have modified any Firefox settings/configurations and have never seen a pop-up suggesting a change of browsers or search engines. The only thing I have experienced is going to the Firefox site from Bing to download Firefox and getting a prompt suggesting that Bing was the only browser necessary. Not a big deal.

Hope it goes away for you.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I only use bing browser to get extra Microsoft points , i have no other use for this product.

At least web browsers are still free , you do not need a paid software licence to use Firefox / Chrome / Bing .

No genuine advantage authenticating your copy of bing , like Microsoft used on Windows 7 / 8 .

It would really suck if all web browsers became paid commercial software again.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
With the odd exception, web browsers have always been free to use. Ones that required money never lasted long. That was always true with Firefox and it's predecessor Netscape. They do appreciate donations and Mozilla/Firefox really needs them right now.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts