Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running Windows7 Media Center to record OTA-HD broadcasts in Vancouver.

I have one annoying issue that relates to the recording time that will often cut off the last 30 seconds, or so, of a program. It is as if the computer time (which is synced to an internet time server) is one minute faster than the time that the OTA broadcasters are using.

I have set the MC Recording parameters to extend the recording time by one minute, where possible, but this does not always work if another recording on another channel is scheduled to start right away.

This problem may be channel specific, as some recordings seem to be affected more often than others.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
910 Posts
That's why dual (or more) tuners setup is highly desirable in WMC, DVR, timeshift type things.

I find the occasional back to back recording on the same channel still get screwed because sometimes the tuner is not switched.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have the opposite problem with Windows 7 64 Bit Media Centre since the October 2010 update - the recordings regularly start 1-2 minutes too late, even with default set to begin recording 5 minutes prior to the start of the program. I've tried various proposed fixes, but nothing works.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
No it's not a media center issue

You have to do a couple of things

A). Make sure your htpc clock matches fourth source
B). Check your guide. Lots of shows start before or after the top of the hour. Industries way to try and combat the pvr and force you to watch live
C). Pad your recordings appropriately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts