Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that something has happened to my Media Center installation on Windows 7 Pro (x64) since November 1, 2010. (I'm in canada)
The system was working just fine for a long time, with Peter's patches. I had both the local and the US listing for my cable and ATSC channels.
Now when I launch Media Center, I get "No tuner available to satisfy the current request!"

I checked the drivers and they seem fine, so I installed Sage Tv and guess what...it works perfectly fine. But everytime, Media center gives me the above.

I made sure that when I saw the update that I deselected it. But windows update did it anyways. (&*^%*^&%$ Microsoft!

Any ideas?

·
Registered
342 Posts
It sounds like something got messed up in upgrading your databases. I had that issue and I ended up using System Restore to fix it. I have since re-applied the update and this time, I let MCE finish the upgrade (in the ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome folder it creates a new database).

You have 2 options:

1) try system restore

2) re-run the MCE Tuner setup (run Pnears enable ATSC batch file first and the local listing batch file after running the first part of the setup).

Hopefully your series aren't messed up.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'm on the road this week, but typically get a phone call from my family if MCE has any problems. Given the lack of angry calls from the homefront, I'm guessing it's not a widespread issue. Best of luck with the recovery!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine 'broke' around the same time with similar symptoms. I blamed Microsoft. Then I decide to dump McAfee and use MS security essentials on my HTPC. Since then it started to work again. Are you running McAfee by chance?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts