Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Airport Express and Apple TV that I like to use as speakers when playing music from iTunes.

Recently I have been getting an error (-15000) in iTunes when I try to use those speakers for output. Interestingly, if I turn off the Windows Firewall, I can stream music through both devices.

I had the problems months ago when I upgrade my Airvideo server. I downgraded to an older AirVideo server and the problem appeared to disappear. I upgraded back to Airvideo a few weeks and everything seemed fine but the problem returned in the last two days.

When I check "Allow a program through the firewall", I find that Apple Bonjour and Itunes are allowed.

Anyone have similar issues?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also noteworthy:

If I turn off the firewall, I can connect. If I turn the firewall back on, iTunes remains connected to the Airport Express BUT if I shut iTunes down and restart, the problem returns.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately nothing that I can see. The most obvious is checking permissions for iTunes and Bonjour in the Windows Firewall allow programs list.

I have Googled like crazy on this issue and tried several solutions with no long term success.

The weird thing is that it should cut off the streaming when I turn the firewall back on but it doesn't.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For anyone reading this.

My advice.

Uninstall and then install Bonjour. It seems to fix the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts