Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

301 - 320 of 496 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just added CTV TWO at 42.1 in Media Center. But can't find the guide info for it. Can anyone tell me how to add the TV guide of CTV Two in Media Center? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Perhaps you need to change your guide? I used the code for my local analog cable company and mapped them to my digital OTA channels. The other option is to contact zap2it.com and ask them to add the channel to your current line-up. There is a submit link on their site somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
16,602 Posts
@lunear, I'm not familiar with the channels in southern Ontario, but it looks like 42.1 is a rebroadcast of CKVR. I took a look at Zap2it and CKVR shows up as 3.1.

Under "Edit Channels", click on 42.1 and "Edit Listings", choose CKVR and "Copy".

Edit: There seems to be some confusion if it's really 42.1 or 42.2 so if you didn't add the channel by doing a channel scan and you have problems, you should delete it and then choose "Scan for more channels".

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just upgraded to Windows 8 Pro with Media Center. Magically, Media Center Picked up channel 40.1 (OMNI-2) without problem Not sure if it's WIN8 or OMNI2 station fixed this problem. But finally the last problem of Media Center has gone.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
For Ottawa using the standard USA setup using zip code 13662 (Massena), I notice several channels guide info not being updated, even though the zap2it website shows information on these channels. I got reports from 2 other users that this is happening to them too. I use Windows 8 and a friend uses Windows 7 media center.

zap2it lists them as:
11.1 CHCHDT1
14.1 CJMTDT2
24.1 CICOD24
60.1 CFMTDT2
65.1 CITYDT3

the antenna catches the signal fine, this is just an issue with the guide info being empty for these channels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Missing guide data

I'm also having missing guide data in the K-W/Guelph area. In my case, I'm missing CIII-DT 41.1 and 41.2. I think it has been a couple of weeks since it began showing "No Data Available". I'm using an American zip code for my ATSC tuner that contains guide data for the Canadian channels I receive. Anyone know what happened?

·
Registered
373 Posts
It's a microsoft problem. The same issue affected UK users but it has been resolved. It had to do with MS taking over the listings from another company or MS's lease running out with that company. I don't think the same circumstances apply to Canada.
The EPG issue is that Canadian channel listings are not updating in US locations. They are updating for Can locations.
You might try a solution I offered here:
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=1473304&postcount=19

Or wait it out (or use another media center app)

·
Registered
116 Posts
It isn't just Canadian channels that are not updating, for 13662 zip code for example CBS and PBS wnpi are not being updated, and some Canadian channels are being updated, CBC and all of the French channels are being updated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I suppose I can wait it out to see if the situation changes. Not really keen on manually updating the guide. I'm currently using 14301 (Niagara Falls), but I was previously using 14172 I think. Both had the same problem. I've checked the complete guide listing and the only other channels without data are:

35.1 - CHCJ-DT
67.2,3,4 - WBBZ-DT
26.2 - WNYB-DT

So it's not just affecting some Canadian channels, but also some American sub-channels too. But I don't know what how long those channels have been without listings since I don't get those channels and don't include them in my list. Also, it appears that zap2it is still supplying the guide, so it doesn't sound like the same problem as in the UK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm also having missing guide data in the K-W/Guelph area. In my case, I'm missing CIII-DT 41.1 and 41.2. I think it has been a couple of weeks since it began showing "No Data Available". I'm using an American zip code for my ATSC tuner that contains guide data for the Canadian channels I receive. Anyone know what happened?
Has anyone got the guide working for Global (CIII-DT 41.1 and 41.2). This was updating fine untile several weeks ago, but now it shows no data available. I thought it might be a temporary glitch, but it has not resolved itself. Is there a way to manually import the guide for just these channels

·
Registered
162 Posts
Pnear, I used your method, but still get no guide for Global (41.1). I am in Toronto.

·
Registered
24 Posts
W8MC Ottawa OTA

HI,

I just need some confirmation. I just recently set up windows 8 media center for OTA in Ottawa. I used the Maseena Zip code 13662.

I'm missing information in my guide for a number of channels.

My question is, for OTA Antenna in Ottawa, do I only need to use the zip code, or do I still need to do the hack? I'm only using it for my antenna.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
johnnystecchino, using 13662 zip code with United States country is all you should need in Windows 8 Media Center for Ottawa. A number of us have also notice the loss of guide info for some channels, and it looks like Microsoft's fault. If you go on zap2it's site, you will find all channels populated with guide info.

What you may be seeing with some channels like CHOT and CFGS is their remapping to a .3 channel. I don't remember the exact wording of the menus, but for these, you just Edit Channel and assign new listings based on the CHOT or CFGS main channel listing already in the list. When given the option, choose "Copy listings".

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #320
Each time you download, it will get about 2 weeks worth of listings. By doing it every day, you always have two weeks of data. If you change it to weekly it will still work, but some of your channels will show "no guide data" if you browse listings past the one-week point.

301 - 320 of 496 Posts